"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: Some armor and sword a freind of mine is selling  (Read 9767 times)

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Some armor and sword a freind of mine is selling
« on: 2011-02-02, 20:29:53 »
I am posting this at the request of a freind of mine, I have copied the post from another site (parenfaire.net) that he put up in the interested of saving myself some typing. If anyone here is interested, pm me and I will put you in touch with him.

Hello guys. I'm not quite sure if we are allowed to sell things on here yet. If not i'm sorry. But if we are then I am selling two sets of armor.

1: Lorica Segmentata, roman helmet and gladius with a sheath. I was going to do roman reenactment but never finished it. I only wore it once and it was at faire. ($250)

2: A roman muscle breast and back plate with barbrute helm (SCA). The armor may need a little work. I suggest taking out the old leather (crappy) straps and putting in new ones. ($150)

3: A pirate claymore with hidden daggers. This piece I never used although very nice. ($70)

If anyone is interested I have also decided to sell my Black Brigandine ($100) and the Chain Mail Coif ($50)

The prices can be negotiated but I can't take too much lower!!!!!!!

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Some armor and sword a freind of mine is selling
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-02, 20:34:21 »
Matt, I might be interested in that brig, who made it and how is it made, materials, plates, etc.  Also, the 'pirate claymore', is it a display piece?
« Last Edit: 2011-02-02, 20:35:37 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-02, 21:41:29 »
Matt, I might be interested in that brig, who made it and how is it made, materials, plates, etc.  Also, the 'pirate claymore', is it a display piece?

You know you want to. :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-03, 15:13:00 »
Yea, I know I want to too...been foolin around with the idea of one for years now, instead of a cuirass, y'know?  ;)
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-03, 22:32:35 »
I have never seen the pirate sword so I have no idea. I think though, that knowing my freind as I do it is most likely a wall hanger. The brig is a museum replicas piece, I believe. It looks nice, but I would not want to take any hits in it to be very honest. It does need some minor repairs to the straps on one side, it buckles down the sides. It is a seude like leather and I believe the plates are steel, but they are pretty thin as is the leather itself. I have seen Kyle in it, but it looks and feels very different from my battle ready reproduction brig. If you are interested in talking to Kyle about it, I can pm you his email.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-04, 14:36:06 »
Ok, let me think about it.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-08, 21:22:17 by Sir William »

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-08, 21:22:21 »
Question - got a picture of the barbute helm?  Would he be willing to sell just the helm?  Thanks man.

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2011-02-09, 01:12:05 »
I'll check and see if he'll break up the helm and the armour. Here is a link to a pic of him in the Musculata (sp?) and barbute helm. I'm not actually sure it's a barbute though, looking at it. I am pretty sure this is the helm he is talking about though. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=100640796615706&set=a.100639113282541.1411.100000093585802 .

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2011-02-09, 15:39:02 »
Huh...I'll look at it later, FB's blocked here at work.  For shame, right?

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #9 on: 2011-02-09, 16:29:41 »

Here's the image hosted locally so you can see it:

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 2011-02-09, 17:02:46 »
Ah, I've seen that one...the Arthurian Helm in some circles.  No need to ask him about the helm, I'm not liking the bar grill.  I take it he's fought w/it in SCA?  That BP looks like it fits well.

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #11 on: 2011-02-10, 00:14:07 »
I think the helm is SCA legal, but he has not fought in it. He said he would sell it seperate, asking $50 if anyone else is interested. The breast and back don't fit him very well, he's a little too stocky for them but on the right person they would look very nice. It's probably Indian made, but it looks pretty nice and is fairly heavy. Of all the armor he currently has, this is probably the nicest.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #12 on: 2011-02-10, 00:51:39 »
no, the helm is not sca legal. i can tell from the pictures. :( sorry but the gaps between bars are too big and the guage of steel is too thin. i've seen it sold before

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #13 on: 2011-02-10, 04:25:01 »
Thanks for letting us know it's not SCA legal. Neither of us are in the SCA so I wasn't sure. It's still a nice helm, but I have one like it without the face gaurd already so I'm not really interested.