Main > The Round Table

The Luttrell Psalter Film

(1/2) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I have only just come accross this and thought you might like to see it ( if you haven`t already). It`s amaizing what a few re-enactors can achieve isn`t it.

!

G

Sir William:
Sir Gerard, that was pretty cool...put me to mind of Pillars of the Earth.  Did you see that Starz miniseries?  They put forth a decent attempt at historicity, given that it is a historical fiction story set during the 12 Century. 

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Sir William,
I watched the series like a religious fanatic lol. The historical accuracy was a little lame, but for sheer entertainment I gave it credability.
Cadfael was another series that grabbed my attention in a similar way. So much so that My good lady, Joanne, and I spent a weekend at Shrewsbury checking out all the places mentioned in the Ellis Peters novels. Such a wonderfull place.

G

Sir William:
Cadfael...I've actually heard that mentioned before...most likely on here in the Medieval Movies/Shows thread.  Even better than the series (PotE) is the book...the book is incredibly detailed.  You can almost smell the hot, unwashed bodies packed into the church during the storm...among other things.

His sequel, World Without End is similarly attention-grabbing...I thought it might not be as good as the first since it came 12 years later but I tell you...I burned through it over a weekend and then turned right around and read it through again.  Ken Follett was nowhere near my favorite author...I'd read some of his other works before and it is good, solid writing for the most part but nothing I'd jump for...but these?

How high did you say?

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I shall have to get the books now. You do realise that that may not go down so well with the evil ant- amazon queen ( Jo ) lol.
G

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version