"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: gauntlets?  (Read 3757 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: gauntlets?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-04, 04:01:11 »
I own a pair of their gauntlets from a few years ago... they're okay, but they aren't very great. Here's the review I wrote:
http://www.myarmoury.com/review_arc_gaunt.html

Now, having said that, these ones you're linking to look much better, and are more expensive... I don't know if they're more expensive because they're actually better, or because of the tanking US dollar. The fluting of the pieces doesn't look very clean, but it isn't bad for the price. There also appear to be some rather big gaps in the articulations of the gothic ones. The hourglass gauntlets look like they might be alright, though, assuming one isn't going for total accuracy. The gloves would DEFINATELY need to be replaced. They are the same as the ones in mine, which are really stiff and uncomfortable.

I don't think I'd purchase any of these myself, but its nice to know of other options.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck