Main > The Round Table

The Scariest Good Guy You’ll Ever Meet

<< < (2/2)

Sir Edward:

Video clip about this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=2666757n

Sir James A:
Hmm.. 9 members.. and there were 9 founding members in the Knights Templar. Coincidence? Conspiracy? :)

I'm interested in thoughts on this part of the article:

--- Quote ---“What do you need? Tents? Okay, we’ll do tents. Cook pots? All right, we’ll order cook pots,” he explains to me. “You need blankets? We’d have to get blankets from Iran, but it’s illegal for me to do that. Ah, I know a criminal. He’s a smuggler out of Iran. I pay him to smuggle the blankets.”
--- End quote ---

The criminal/smuggler part in particular. Is it, or would it have been, knightly to consort with those people?

I am VERY glad he's on our side. Doesn't seem like a man you want to cross, and he's clearly making a huge difference.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-01-07, 21:42:34 ---I'm interested in thoughts on this part of the article:

--- Quote ---“What do you need? Tents? Okay, we’ll do tents. Cook pots? All right, we’ll order cook pots,” he explains to me. “You need blankets? We’d have to get blankets from Iran, but it’s illegal for me to do that. Ah, I know a criminal. He’s a smuggler out of Iran. I pay him to smuggle the blankets.”
--- End quote ---

The criminal/smuggler part in particular. Is it, or would it have been, knightly to consort with those people?

--- End quote ---

I noticed that too. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing so. But I see where he's coming from. He and his group are being very goal-oriented, and not letting local problems stand in the way of getting the mission accomplished. But I also was thinking about how he worded that-- illegal blanket smuggling? The only harm being done here is putting money in the pockets of criminals. But what if they're defined as criminals under an unjust system of law? I don't have any moral issue with defying unjust laws. And it's often an oppressive government that lets these large swaths of the population remain in squalor in the first place.

So I guess my answer is, it depends. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version