Main > The Library

Geoffroi de Charny

<< < (2/2)

Sir William:
I just ordered this book last week- should've been delivered on Wed but they refused to leave it on the porch like everything else so...should get it tomorrow.

Sir Martyn:
It can read a bit heavy at times but given the period I've found it on the whole quite readable and the introduction/explanatory notes quite insightful.

For a complimentary if sightly different - shall we one understandably if more favorably disposed toward the English side of the story :) - it dovetails nicely with part 1 of the BBC series "Chivalry and Betrayal" you guys were discussing in another topic.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Just started reading this myself, looking forward to reading de Charneys own writings.
G.

Sir Edward:

I need to re-read de Charney. It's been several years, so I probably need the refresher. Thankfully it's short, since he falls into the very typical medieval writing style of being extremely verbose and wordy.

Joshua Santana:
I have the book and from one reading I felt I needed to read it again, after a second reading I would say this is a highly recommended read and a manual in which we can base our commitment to the ideal of chivalry on. Not to say that we act like we are in 14th Century England or France but rather to take in the moral/ethical instruction as presented in the book and apply to our personal lives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version