Main > The Round Table

i'll be off all weekend

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Wolf:
well i just had to come home this evening hehehe well i did ;) the center ridge pole for the giant fly rotted to pieces so the guy with all the tools had to bring home 2 16 foot 2x4s and make a center ridge pole that fit into the other pole with sleeve. all together the ridge pole is 20 feet in length. I'm beat. it also aloud me time to finish up my rifle display holder for the event so I can take it with me tomorrow.

Sir William:
Giant fly?  I meant to ask...what is MASHS?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-08, 15:03:00 ---Giant fly?  I meant to ask...what is MASHS?

--- End quote ---

MASHS =  Mid-Atlantic Society for Historical Swordsmanship (http://www.mashs.org/)

So how did it go, Sir Brian?

Sir William:
Oh...SCA org?

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-08, 16:36:12 ---
--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-08, 15:03:00 ---Giant fly?  I meant to ask...what is MASHS?

--- End quote ---

MASHS =  Mid-Atlantic Society for Historical Swordsmanship (http://www.mashs.org/)

So how did it go, Sir Brian?

--- End quote ---

In a word AWESOME! I really had a great time. The folks at MASHS are very friendly and capable.

Paul Wiedorn was my instructor for the longsword and Larry Tom interjected some observations and instructions as well while we spent a good hour covering the four basic guards and the proper alignment of the blade, gripping the hilt and positioning of my hands. I had only speculated in the past that there was far more to handling a longsword and it was proven to me yesterday. It is both complex at first and yet it is exceptionally simple in the economy of motions. There really is no need for elaborate or exaggerated gestures to either block or attack however the stratagems for defense and attack can be exceptionally subtle. I can certainly see the appeal and am beyond a doubt a new and dedicated disciple.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version