"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: Creating a society/order?  (Read 163779 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Creating a society/order?
« Reply #435 on: 2011-06-21, 19:29:47 »
And there you have it!

Sir Brian...I should hope NOT but if it is...well, so be it.  ;)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Creating a society/order?
« Reply #436 on: 2011-06-22, 20:13:16 »
Quote from: Sir William link=topic=762.msg13945#msg13945
Since it is WV, I must ask what is 'only a few miles out of the way' actually mean?  :)
[/quote

I'd have to know towns to know for sure, but if your travels bring you over 340 from MD into WV and down 340/9 up to 66 (or 81?), I'm about a mile off the freeway exit. Of course, assuming the path leads through there - it did from Northern Virginia, so I'm taking a best guess.

When is the next order meet? I wonder if I could make it. I like the pics too, wouldn't mind getting knighted myself even though I'm poorly equipped. I think I can make it to NJ ren faire next weekend.

We don't have any restrictions on the type of gear required before knighting, I would think you should be fine. We likely all won't be head to toe in plate armor.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent