Main > The Round Table

VAF Historical Swordsmanship Class

(1/3) > >>

Sir Ancelyn:
Summer last year I started taking the historical swordsmanship class at VAF, but life got squarely in the way and I dropped out.  In retrospect those classes would have been good periods to take a break from painting walls and replacing sockets. Live and learn I guess. (no, I never painted over a single electrical outlet) :-p

I just signed up for the sessions starting on January 8th.  It's so far away, but it is something to look forward to in the coming year.
:-D

Sir Edward:

Excellent! Yes, I really enjoy the VAF historical program. You just have to watch out for those pesky instructors... they make you learn stuff. :)

Sir Ancelyn:
I enjoy learning, whether from reading codices, scrolls, or being hit multiple times with a shinai.  My only fear is being judged unable to continue to class II.

Sir William:
I've been wanting to take that class for some years after I first learned of it thru SFI, via Das Bill.  Just never got around to it...but I think I'm going to have to make a resolution to do so.  Jan 8 classes are open for registration you say?  Hmm...why not?  I should learn something about the sword considering it has sat at or near the forefront of my mind since childhood.

Sir Edward:

That's exactly the approach I took. I had been collecting swords since I was pretty young, and figured it was clearly time to start learning something about their use. All along I had assumed that there was no one from whom I could learn in the area, and then one day I googled it and found VAF.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version