"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: House DuChasse  (Read 8149 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
House DuChasse
« on: 2009-12-10, 21:21:08 »
http://houseduchasse.org/index.htm  I saw this group posting on another forum and thought I'd share their website.

Sir Blackwolf

• New Forum Member
    • Medieval Fantasies Company
Re: House DuChasse
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-11, 18:42:27 »
Sir Wolf,

Sir David of the House of Duchasse is a friend of mine and I would recommend him to be invited to this assemblage. He and his troupe of Knights do a great deal of good for the citizens of the Tidewater area of Virginia.

I am at your service,
Sir Blackwolf
I am at your service,
Sir Blackwolf

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-12, 17:06:30 »
I'm glad to see someone posting where they are located.  I looked at the website, but there was no mention of where they are based at.  Maybe a trip to Virginia, besides for VaRF may be in order. 

Sir Blackwolf

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-12, 22:06:22 »
Good Sirs,

I would be Honoured to arrange a meeting if so desired, not to mention travel along! As well any Knights travelling to our Faire Realm may find welcome at the House of Blackwolf.

I am at your service,
Sir Blackwolf

I am at your service,
Sir Blackwolf

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-14, 14:19:11 »

A bunch of us also try to get out to VARF each year. I'd love to meet up with some of you there as well!
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Blackwolf

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-14, 22:52:27 »
The House of Blackwolf does make trips to both the Virginia Renaissance Faire as well as the Maryland Renaissance Festival each year as part of our family vacations. Yes, we operate some six faires each year, so we go to other people's faires to relax!

If a suitable time could be found, we would be thrilled to attend with any members herein.

I am at your service,
Sir Blackwolf

I am at your service,
Sir Blackwolf

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2010-09-16, 19:48:13 »
I couldn't tell...where in VA is this?  Sounds like something right up my alley, much like this forum.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Ancelyn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Lux Lucet in Tenebris
    • Thoughts from Firethorn
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-12, 16:32:02 »
You mean the VARF right?

They are at the Lake Anna Winery off of Courthouse road in Spotsylvania county. They will open again next year.  Here is the website: www.varf.org

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-12, 20:12:33 »
Thanks, Ancelyn, but I meant House DuChasse.  I've actually been to VARF, back in 08.  I was the only knight amongst a crowd of pirates...made some little kid's day tho.  He told his dad - you said there'd be knights here and he was the ONLY one! 

lol
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-12, 20:29:47 »
I was the only knight amongst a crowd of pirates...made some little kid's day tho.  He told his dad - you said there'd be knights here and he was the ONLY one! 

Yeah, in a way it's unfortunate that there aren't really any cast knights at the various faires. MDRF at least has Sir Barchan, but he's only out and about between jousts.

In a way, that's where we come in. We may just be patrons ourselves, but sometimes we're the ones who brighten the day for such kids.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-12, 20:36:35 »
Agreed; but it wasn't until that moment at VARF that I truly realized that.  I guess it took me seeing that I was the only one and that one kid's reaction (there were others, but his stood out the most in memory) to know it; if anything it strengthened my resolve in continuing to pursue this endeavour.