"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: MDRF 2010  (Read 16187 times)

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: MDRF 2010
« Reply #30 on: 2010-10-05, 20:55:40 »
Nice armor Paladin, where did you get the splinted bracers? I been looking for a pair to get myself, along with a pair of splinted greaves.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: MDRF 2010
« Reply #31 on: 2010-10-07, 19:53:04 »
Conall, thanks man.  Our fellow forum member, Allan Senefelder made them for me...and a matching set of greaves too, but I broke a strap out in the parking lot so I never got to wear them.  I've had both his plate vambraces/greaves and the splinted variety and I gotta say...the splinted variety is a good bit heavier.  More steel as it wraps all the way around and is adjustable for a wide array of leg sizes.  The plate ones I liked as they were very durable, just too plain for me at the time.

Of course, NOW I wish I hadn't sold them as I want them for another kit I'm putting together.  Ah well...that's part of the fun, assembling the kit!

Anyway, check out www.merctailor.com when you get a minute, LOT of great stuff on there.  His prices are the best, at least for arms, legs and shoulders (I got a pair of cops from him, then opted for a set of spaulders which you see me wearing as well) from what I've seen around, not to mention, he's real easy to talk to and his work is exemplary.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€