Main > The Round Table

My New COA

<< < (15/18) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-05-24, 18:06:26 ---Good question. My lions are all white, but I don't have anything specified for the color of the claws and tongue. I posted on the AA for heraldric advice on how to phrase it, since I don't know the details of how it would be said.

--- End quote ---

It looks like we posted at the same time (to the second). :) See above. If red, you can just leave it out. If they're the same color as the entire charge, then technically you can leave it out too. You really only need to include it if you're trying to be very specific, or they have a non-standard color or otherwise differ from the body.

EDIT: There are a lot of details that can be left out if they're not significant. For instance, if you have three of the same charge, it's not uncommon to leave out their arrangement altogether if they're in a triangular arrangement that just fits, such as around a chevron. But it's possible to specify these sorts of things in excruciating detail if necessary. (see here for sample arrangements: http://www.gamedecor.com/abasworld/heraldry/orientation.htm). It's also customary to leave out details if they're the assumed "default" details, for example in the case above, swords are assumed to be pointing upward.

Joshua Santana:
In the first version of my COA, the claws and tongue were red.  However when I redid on ink well ideas, I was content of letting the lions be completely Or.

--- Quote ---"Sable, between two lions combatant Or, a sword Or"
--- End quote ---

Yep, that would be it!  Thank you!

Let me ask you Brethren on what can you make out in terms of the symbolism in this device?

The clue is that it involves the relationship between Two famous Virtues?  What are they?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-05-25, 00:50:25 ---The clue is that it involves the relationship between Two famous Virtues?  What are they?

--- End quote ---

I guess that depends a lot on what you want it to mean. :) The lion frequently symbolizes courage or strength, and the sword is often associated with justice or honor.

Joshua Santana:
OK, I will tell the answer:  Two Lions symbolize Brotherhood or the relationship between Father and Son.  Or it can symbolize the relationship between Honor and Courage, Valor and Humility or Truth and Justice.  Two Lions facing one sword can symbolize Chivalry (as the Code) and Knighthood (the mannerism of a Knight) serving or protecting the Sword of Justice from evil influences or serving the Cause of Justice and Freedom.  This is just my interpretation of my COA.

Sir Wolf:
cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version