Main > The Round Table

My New COA

<< < (12/18) > >>

Sir Patrick:
Did you debut the new shield at MDRF over the weekend, or are you waiting until the surcoat's done?

Sir Brian:
No I'm waiting for the new surcoat and the new helm to be done first. I still have a second coat of paint to put on the charges and then seal the paint before the shield is ready for the public anyways.
 ;)

Of course I'm still kicking around the idea of adding scales to my aventail whenever that arrives!  :-\

Sir Edward:
Have you tried Blazoning it yet? I forget. :)

I was thinking it might be something along the lines of Vert, a griffin segreant or, on a chief wavy argent a rose to dexter sable.

The rose would be "to dexter" I think, because plants are assumed to be upright (as are swords and weapons).

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2010-09-24, 19:13:25 ---Vert, a gryphon or segreant. On a chief wavy argent, a rose sable.

--- End quote ---

Ah that's right, you did blazon it earlier in the thread. "Segreant" should come before "or" since the color is last. You might be able to leave out the "to dexter" I added in my previous post, since the chief itself is horizontal. It's amazing how complex this stuff can get. :)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2010-09-24, 21:33:22 ---Ok the blazon program confirmed my blazonry skills are sadly lacking! The program blazoned my new COA as follows:  :-[
Vert, on a Chief wavy Argent, a rose Sable, a Gryphon Segreant Or

--- End quote ---

Yeah I posted a follow up after I used that blazon program you linked me to and you are right that is puts the color last and YES this heraldry stuff can easily become convoluted! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version