Main > The Round Table

How "in shape" was the average knight or man at arms?

<< < (6/13) > >>

Sir Brian:
You call it cheating and we call it STRATEGY!  ;)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2010-10-01, 00:12:22 ---
--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-09-14, 14:26:05 ---I won't underestimate a man simply because he's got some grey in his beard, you know.

--- End quote ---

Just play basketball or tennis with an "old Timer" and you'll quickly see how cunning trumps vigor every time!

--- End quote ---

My father and his brothers would go up to Stonybrook U in the summers when I was a kid and EMBARRASS the JV and Varsity college bball players...and after every game, they'd say how they couldn't believe a bunch of old timers made them look like frosh players. 

Even when I'd grown up and my Dad and his brothers were in their 50s, they were still starching us youngbucks!  It IS strategy...make your opponents work against themselves...my Uncle Mike was good for getting in their heads because he's stolid and seemingly slow-moving and at 5'10" he has the arms of a man 6 inches taller than him.  He never shot a jumper, not in all my years anyway.  And yet, he'd sink it near every time.

Now that I'm in my mid-30s, when I do play with my younger cousins, I find strategy key to keeping up with those fleet footed fools!  lol  Like setting myself into the path of one charging-to-the-hole and watch him bounce back after contact.  I damn sure can't chase him down!  lol

Sir Wolf:
news flash. hit 188 today!

Sir Patrick:
Huzzah, Sir Wolf!  You're nearly to your goal, and in record time to boot.  Keep up the good work!  Now, if only the holidays weren't right around the corner...

Sir Wolf:
hey i made it thru Helloween week! hahahha just a sliver of pumpkin pie and no candy.... yet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version