Main > The Round Table

Chivalry around the net...

(1/2) > >>

Sir Edward:

Some interesting recent discussions. I'm glad to see that Chivalry is getting some attention in a few online communities. I do however wish I could see even more. I think I have a tendency to kill conversations, as the first three have garnered no responses after my last post (as of this writing)! :)

Selohaar.org: Murder of Chivalry

Selohaar.org: changing view of knighthood

ArmourArchive.org: Truth

Chivalry-Now: The "Secret" of Knighthood & Chivalry

Chivalry-Now is perhaps one of the more unique since the forum is devoted to it. On the ArmourArchive, they have a forum section for it, but it's sporadic in use. Most of the conversation there is more SCA specific, but they do have some thought provoking conversations at times.

Otherwise, Chivalry isn't often mentioned on forums that I've seen. This wouldn't necessarily surprise me, except for the fact that I think many people who are drawn to these sorts of hobbies (whether it's collecting swords, historical martial arts, SCA, LARP, etc) have probably to some degree been influenced by the image of the "knight in shining armor". The fact that forums such as this, and interests in knights or Chivalry specifically, are rather scarce does surprise me to a degree. I wonder how much of this is due to not wanting to "preach to the choir", vs. not having anything profound to contribute, vs. disparate opinions and philosophies, vs. a sense of it being archaic and irrelevant.

To the latter, if people consider concepts such as honesty, generosity, courage, and courtesy to be "out dated" and "irrelevant", then I'm not sure I want to live in their reality. :)

Or perhaps there's more out there than I realize.

Anyway, just some mid-week musings. :) Thoughts?

Sir Blackwolf:
Sir Edward,

This forum and Chivalry Now seems to be about all I can find the time for! I am familiar with Selohaar but have had little interaction with them. Likewise it does seem to be that Chivalry is an oft discussed topic and that is a very encouraging thing is it not?

I am at your service,
Sir Blackwolf

Sir Edward:
Yes, you're right, I should be looking at it with a "half full" point of view, rather than "half empty".

Then again, I'm an engineer, and we sometimes take the "glass is twice as large as necessary" view. :)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-04-15, 04:18:06 ---Yes, you're right, I should be looking at it with a "half full" point of view, rather than "half empty".

Then again, I'm an engineer, and we sometimes take the "glass is twice as large as necessary" view. :)

--- End quote ---

And the government engineering types justiify that as "Future Upgrades and Expansions"  :D

Dragonlover:
And there you go.... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version