"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                -- Marcus Aurelius

Author Topic: Video review of the Hanwei "Federschwert" trainers  (Read 4210 times)

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
I don't know if this is of much interest here, but I did a video review of the newer model of Hanwei "Federschwert" trainer. I originally wrote a review of the swords on myArmoury.com, but the company has made some tweaks to the current model, and several people had been asking me to review the updated version, so I made this video.

(Though I *HATE* that Hanwei uses the term "federschwert", which people seem to more and more believe is a historical term just because it sounds like it should be!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ad7les38fw[/youtube]
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Video review of the Hanwei "Federschwert" trainers
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-15, 14:26:35 »

Nice! It looks like a very well rounded review of the newer models. I think this will be very useful for the HEMA community.

Are you going to update the review on myArmoury as well?
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-15, 17:32:39 »
Are you going to update the review on myArmoury as well?

In general, the idea of those reviews is to reflect the sword at the time of the review (just like in a magazine), so we don't really update those.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-15, 19:50:56 »
OK, I see. So if you wanted to do any sort of update down the line, it would likely be an entire separate review of the newer version? That makes sense.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-16, 04:00:01 »
OK, I see. So if you wanted to do any sort of update down the line, it would likely be an entire separate review of the newer version? That makes sense.

Yep, that's exactly right. We've done "revisted" reviews a few times, such as the A&A Gothic Bastard sword. Patrick Kelly reviewed it originally, and then a couple years later I owned a revised model, so we did a second review.