"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor."
                -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Author Topic: Various 15th Century Kit  (Read 5247 times)

Captain Reech

• New Forum Member
Various 15th Century Kit
« on: 2010-01-22, 17:30:26 »
Got some spare bits and bobs in the kit box if anyone's interested. Some because I've upgraded and some is spare kit my missus made for newbies who never arrived or dropped out. Various bobs of kit, bag and acorn hats, sleeveless doublets (the garment formerly known as the 'pourpoint') a couple of pairs of hose (some in skinny sizes and some in more 'manly' dimensions!) Also some livery. Lord Grey of Codnor (see pics) Wool outer, linen lined, handsewn throughout with hand embroidered livery badges in silk as shown. PM me if anyone's interested. If I haven't mentioned something you need  then let me know and I'll have a dig as the box is deep and the teenage boys grow quickly!

Also a pair of ladies or youths shoes, leather with wooden toggle in a size 7-8 (soft leather that stretched further than expected and are too large for the lady even with thick hose!) Good soles with small hobnails, nothing wrong with them except they're now too big to be comfortable on a slim 6.5 to 7 foot. (They shouldn't stretch further I am assured.)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Various 15th Century Kit
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-22, 18:29:11 »
wait your lord grey of codnor? hehehe me too, just in the USA http://www.lordgreys.org . sweet!  what are you looking to get from the livery?

Captain Reech

• New Forum Member
Re: Various 15th Century Kit
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-22, 21:29:07 »
Hi there,

We looked at using the household of Lord Grey as a basis for a new Derbyshire based group as Codnor Castle is just up the road and we had the use of Tutbury castle (where Lord Henry's son was steward in the early 16th Century) for free. Sadly most of the group decided they were more interested in clashing steel than having a serious LH display so we're moving on from that (although we may come back to it later, I'm hanging on to my own personal livery just in case!). The embroidered liveries are on offer at £80 (GBP) and the sleeveless doublet is £45. Not sure what postage would be, depends on where in the US you are. We also have a linen bend in Codnor's colours with the embroidered badge that could be worn over full harness.

(We love your web site by the way, we were really pleased that someone was doing such a good job of recreating the Codnor household in the US.)