"Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts."
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: 2 Fiat Lux events coming up!  (Read 4157 times)

Sir James (Fiat Lux)

• Knight of the Hearth, Knightly Order of the Fiat Lux, Charlotte Chapter
  • New Forum Member
2 Fiat Lux events coming up!
« on: 2009-10-17, 00:44:09 »
Since some of the folks on here seem to be interested and may be in the area, I figured I'd mention some events the Knightly Order of the Fiat Lux will be holding in the very near future!

First, tomorrow we will be holding a monthly event we call Saturday Knight Fights. This event is an open-entry padded weapon tournament/BYOB cookout that men and women of all ages are invited to attend and compete in. The event is held at the Charlotte Chapter headquarters at 4550 McClure Road in Charlotte, NC 28216. As we're a charity organization, we do ask for a bit of help to recoup costs, in the form of $5 to eat and $5 to fight. For anybody who's been interested in learning more about the Fiat Lux, this really is the best way to get to know us and what we're all about!

If you can't make it tomorrow, but may be in the area for the Rennaisance Festival in Huntersville, you've got to check out the big event the Rowan Chapter is putting on in Salisbury NC on November 7-8: The Sharing of the Naughty Ham!  This is an overnight camping event with field battles, one-on-one combat, a fight that'll last all night, and a whole-hog pig feast on Saturday night! For any who aren't looking to participate in combat, we will also have non-combat events and games. This is going to be one of the biggest events the Fiat Lux will put on this year, and the Charlotte Chapter could certainly use some help bolstering our forces! The price may seem steep at $30 for the weekend, but that includes food, gambling currency, admission to all games and fights, and camping space. Get with me for further details!

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: 2 Fiat Lux events coming up!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-17, 16:32:21 »
Gambling?  Wish I could make it for that, part of my personae is I'm a bit of a gambler.  Alas, I am stuck in Pa.   Good luck in the fighting and games.