"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: What makes a knight?  (Read 14041 times)

Sir_Edward_ReBrook

• New Forum Member
Re: What makes a knight?
« Reply #15 on: 2015-10-21, 09:24:53 »
Sir Justin - well penned.
Respectfully,

W. Edward Graf von Ettendorf-ReBrook, GOTJ

Mike W.

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #16 on: 2015-11-13, 13:57:55 »
"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius
D’azur à trois fasces d’argent, et au chef gueule chargé de trois étoiles d’or.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #17 on: 2016-04-19, 02:26:48 »
What makes a Knight?  When the man steps down to help his fellow man with word of wisdom or hand of help, when a man stands by and guards his honor, integrity, character in spite of ridicule and verbal slander, when a man uses his fighting skill to protect his loved one(s) and those that are deprived of help, when a man chooses loyalty and follows through by his commitment, when a man who keeps a sharp mind as just as he keeps a sharp sword, what makes one a Knight is the actions that affirm the belief of Chivalry in the man.
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #18 on: 2016-04-20, 03:51:34 »
What makes a Knight?  When the man steps down to help his fellow man with word of wisdom or hand of help, when a man stands by and guards his honor, integrity, character in spite of ridicule and verbal slander, when a man uses his fighting skill to protect his loved one(s) and those that are deprived of help, when a man chooses loyalty and follows through by his commitment, when a man who keeps a sharp mind as just as he keeps a sharp sword, what makes one a Knight is the actions that affirm the belief of Chivalry in the man.
Well said.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"