"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds."
                -- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)

Author Topic: Great Motivational Quotes For The Order.  (Read 11332 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Great Motivational Quotes For The Order.
« on: 2015-08-16, 06:49:03 »
I will start with one of the best quotes from one of the USA's most inspirational Presidents.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

-President Theodore Roosevelt
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Great Motivational Quotes For The Order.
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-17, 00:03:26 »
I will start with one of the best quotes from one of the USA's most inspirational Presidents.

“It is not the critic who counts..."

We were made to memorize "The Man in the Arena" as plebes at the Naval Academy.  I will always remember that quote.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-17, 03:17:51 »
I’ve just returned from a two week excursion across the western plains and Rocky Mountains to the coast of Oregon and back.  We stayed at many National and State parks while out west.  I learned that Theodore Roosevelt had a hand in creating a great many of these parks.  His eloquent quotes are memorialized liberally across the west and I’ve decided that I need to brush up on my history in order to learn more about this great man.

Another of his quotes that I believe applies here is:

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-17, 12:54:49 »
I’ve just returned from a two week excursion across the western plains and Rocky Mountains to the coast of Oregon and back.  We stayed at many National and State parks while out west.  I learned that Theodore Roosevelt had a hand in creating a great many of these parks.  His eloquent quotes are memorialized liberally across the west and I’ve decided that I need to brush up on my history in order to learn more about this great man.

Another of his quotes that I believe applies here is:

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Whole documentary on good ol' Teddy and his passion for nature. He is primarily responsible for the legislation that created our National Park system. Was one of his passions. BULLY!!! :)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-19, 21:16:13 »
"Many years ago, as a cadet hoping some day to be an officer, I was pouring over ‘Principles of War,’ listed in the old Field Service Regulations, when the Sergeant-Major came up to me. He surveyed me with kindly amusement. ‘Don’t bother your head about all them things, me lad,’ he said. ‘There’s only one principle of war and that’s this. Hit the other fellow, as quick as you can, and as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, when he ain’t lookin’!"

– Sir William Slimi
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Edward Oldwall

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-20, 21:58:40 »
“Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage. Otherwise you are making their destiny not brighter but darker.”
-C.S. Lewis

A quote that I tell myself as I put on the maille and surcoat before a faire or other event to get myself in the mindset of being a knight.
I've bought your soul, fight well for me!

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2015-08-21, 00:37:15 »
"Hulk SMASH!"

~ The Incredible Hulk
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Rauri MacNeill

• New Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: 2017-10-30, 07:29:18 »
I just wrote a paper on Teddy, definitely my favorite Presidents. I would argue that he is a modern example of the ideals of chivalry.
It is better to be poorly armed than unarmed

Matthew of the Isles

• New Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: 2017-10-31, 20:23:04 »
"In valor, there is hope." - Tacitus
"The Life of the Land is sustained through righteousness." -King Kamehameha III

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #9 on: 2017-11-01, 14:11:04 »
Get it done already & stop slacking.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)