"Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts."
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: The Order of St. James Altopascio  (Read 9084 times)

Ser Cor Volaire

• New Forum Member
The Order of St. James Altopascio
« on: 2017-03-19, 19:55:21 »
Anyone have any information on The Order of St. James Altopascio? I'm thinking about basing a 13th century impression on them.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: The Order of St. James Altopascio
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-20, 03:05:06 »
Anyone have any information on The Order of St. James Altopascio? I'm thinking about basing a 13th century impression on them.

Other than the information found on Wikipedia, no.  Wiki had just enough information to whet my appetite though!  Let me know if you find a good reference book in English.   :)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Bayard_Davis-Munro

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-20, 23:22:02 »
Never heard of them before. I agree with Sir Rodney, if you find anything let us know.

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

jason77

• Forum Member
  • Vincit Qui Se Vincit
« Reply #4 on: 2017-03-22, 20:50:00 »
Thanks for sharing the link to the Order of the Fleur de Lys. I was unaware of that organization and its history. Their Grand Patron is Princess Elizabeth Karadjordjevic of Serbia and Yugoslavia and they appear to operate under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Church. They have a USA chapter and when I went to look that up I just came across a page for the Louisiana Diocese which states that qualification for investiture are being a Roman Catholic and having demonstrated an exceeding amount of charity to the result of acquiring great honor.  Thus they only allow for the investiture of four men each year.

It's pretty cool to see historical Orders still extant. Now if only they would study and compete in harnefechten then they would be as cool as the Order of the Marshall  ;D
"Love everybody, but never sell your sword" - Paul Coelho

Bayard_Davis-Munro

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: 2017-03-23, 00:37:51 »
Some great history there.

Ser Cor Volaire

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: 2017-04-08, 21:07:18 »
As part of my impression I thought I would post a product review. I recently placed an order for a 13th century gambeson and padded chausses from AD1410. Tomasz Tomecki, was extremely fast and professional throughout the entire transaction. He was very diligent about keeping me informed from start to finish.

I received the gambeson and was very pleased with his work. The chausses fit perfectly and were very comfortable. The gambeson will need some very slight tailoring, but overall I am extremely happy. I would also like to point out that AD1410's pricing is very reasonable.

Again a shout out to Tomasz Tomecki. Thank you sir!
« Last Edit: 2017-04-08, 23:52:16 by Ser Cor Volaire »

jason77

• Forum Member
  • Vincit Qui Se Vincit
« Reply #7 on: 2017-04-10, 20:05:33 »
I'd love to see what you acquired. Can you post a pic?
"Love everybody, but never sell your sword" - Paul Coelho

Ser Cor Volaire

• New Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: 2017-04-10, 20:40:59 »
I purchased a Gambeson and Padded Chausses. although the Gambeson is a touch on the large size, the Chausses are perfect. Now, understanding that it was not 100% hand done I am extremely happy with it. Eventually I will do my own by hand, this gives me a great start. Tomasz' costs are also excellent and he is very professional. I will try to post a picture.

Ser Cor Volaire

• New Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: 2017-04-10, 20:55:39 »
Can't seem to post pictures

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 2017-04-16, 01:42:34 »
Are you uploading or linking them?
Fall down seven, get up eight.