Main > The Armoury

The Order of St. James Altopascio

(1/3) > >>

Ser Cor Volaire:
Anyone have any information on The Order of St. James Altopascio? I'm thinking about basing a 13th century impression on them.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Ser Cor Volaire on 2017-03-19, 19:55:21 ---Anyone have any information on The Order of St. James Altopascio? I'm thinking about basing a 13th century impression on them.

--- End quote ---

Other than the information found on Wikipedia, no.  Wiki had just enough information to whet my appetite though!  Let me know if you find a good reference book in English.   :)

Bayard_Davis-Munro:
Never heard of them before. I agree with Sir Rodney, if you find anything let us know.

Lord Dane:
If this helps ...
http://www.orderofthefleurdelys.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5:history-of-the-order&catid=2&Itemid=112&showall=&limitstart=3

jason77:
Thanks for sharing the link to the Order of the Fleur de Lys. I was unaware of that organization and its history. Their Grand Patron is Princess Elizabeth Karadjordjevic of Serbia and Yugoslavia and they appear to operate under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Church. They have a USA chapter and when I went to look that up I just came across a page for the Louisiana Diocese which states that qualification for investiture are being a Roman Catholic and having demonstrated an exceeding amount of charity to the result of acquiring great honor.  Thus they only allow for the investiture of four men each year.

It's pretty cool to see historical Orders still extant. Now if only they would study and compete in harnefechten then they would be as cool as the Order of the Marshall  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version