Main > The Round Table

Quote from Geoffri de Charney - Talking Points

<< < (3/4) > >>

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---I don't want to do an assignment its boring.... a few days later....  I can't do it its too hard.... day of due date:  I WANT TO COMPLETE THIS BUT I CAN'T, ALAS THE DESPAIR!.       To be too confident- I'm done the assignment, and I don't need to look over it again/check my work its perfect.
--- End quote ---

Difference between being arrogant and depressed is motivation.

--- Quote ---Im not going to take my buddies castle. Im going to take the frenchmans castle for it belongs to my King, Deus Vult.
--- End quote ---

Hahahahahaahaa!  Good one.

--- Quote ---If you don't know something, shut up and listen.
--- End quote ---

Exactly.

--- Quote ---In response to expecting Victory and not defeat, I think this could be thought of as a Knight having faith in God. As Knights were Christian, actually trusting in God to lead you to Victory, will lead you to Victory(in the faith of course)If you end up losing anyway, you obviously failed in prayer, faith, or you have sinned in some way. In the eyes of a knight, that is to say.
--- End quote ---

Another way to approach that would be this.  In the expectation of defeat or victory, the Knight must have complete faith and trust in the Eternal One (G-d), without these two things it is not possible to please the Holy One, Blessed be He.  Victory is determined and achieved by the Master of the Universe in the spiritual realm, we carry out the victory in the physical realm.  Defeat is not having faith nor trust in the Eternal One and us carrying out a false victory with no green light from the King upstairs.

Good answers Naythan. 

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2017-02-23, 16:09:18 ---
--- Quote ---I don't want to do an assignment its boring.... a few days later....  I can't do it its too hard.... day of due date:  I WANT TO COMPLETE THIS BUT I CAN'T, ALAS THE DESPAIR!.       To be too confident- I'm done the assignment, and I don't need to look over it again/check my work its perfect.
--- End quote ---

Difference between being arrogant and depressed is motivation.

--- Quote ---Im not going to take my buddies castle. Im going to take the frenchmans castle for it belongs to my King, Deus Vult.
--- End quote ---

Hahahahahaahaa!  Good one.

--- Quote ---If you don't know something, shut up and listen.
--- End quote ---

Exactly.

--- Quote ---In response to expecting Victory and not defeat, I think this could be thought of as a Knight having faith in God. As Knights were Christian, actually trusting in God to lead you to Victory, will lead you to Victory(in the faith of course)If you end up losing anyway, you obviously failed in prayer, faith, or you have sinned in some way. In the eyes of a knight, that is to say.
--- End quote ---

Another way to approach that would be this.  In the expectation of defeat or victory, the Knight must have complete faith and trust in the Eternal One (G-d), without these two things it is not possible to please the Holy One, Blessed be He.  Victory is determined and achieved by the Master of the Universe in the spiritual realm, we carry out the victory in the physical realm.  Defeat is not having faith nor trust in the Eternal One and us carrying out a false victory with no green light from the King upstairs.

Good answers Naythan. 

--- End quote ---

It feels good to be discussing Chivalry again.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---It feels good to be discussing Chivalry again.
--- End quote ---

Yes it does Naythan. 

My answers will be posted soon. 

Joshua Santana:
Here are (as a recap) my questions: 

Why is humility important that it is repeated throughout the quotes? 
Is there a valid read to keep a secret to yourself because you will have more control? 
Why should we expect to have victory and not defeat, isn't defeat a good lesson to learn from? 
Why should we not talk too much, to prevent bad speech? 
Should we be considerate in our speech and conduct towards others? 

Here are my answers.

--- Quote ---Why is humility important that it is repeated throughout the quotes?
--- End quote ---

Humility is the virtue that acts as a balance between pride and confidence.  Humility when exercised properly is more beneficial than pride (pertaining to egoism) and confidence (too much confidence leads to arrogance).  Humility to me means to be down to earth and to be never be boastful under any circumstance.

--- Quote ---Is there a valid reason to keep a secret to yourself because you will have more control? 
--- End quote ---

If the secret is something that pertains to you, it is best to keep it to yourself unless you require or need help.  One who has control over himself will be able to keep any secret and even make things that are secret no longer a secret for he would have finished any business dealing with the secret (regarding himself or with others).

--- Quote ---Why should we expect to have victory and not defeat, isn't defeat a good lesson to learn from?
--- End quote ---

The real question that should be asked is 'If I were to have defeat, does that defeat have a lesson pertaining to me?'  Victory of course must be celebrated.  Yet defeat in training or a defeat which reveals a flaw in one's character is better than the defeat of a goal or dream.  Defeat in battle is death, defeat in one's flawed ambition must lead to self introspection and character rectification. 

--- Quote ---Why should we not talk too much, to prevent bad speech?
--- End quote ---

Moderation in speech is a sign of maturity and mastery of self.  One must be careful with their words so as to not make a mistake by miscommunication.  Bad speech is beneficial to no one, wise and good speech benefits everyone including yourself.

--- Quote ---Should we be considerate in our speech and conduct towards others? 

--- End quote ---

Yes, consideration in speech and mannerisms shows mastery of self and maturity.  The manner of which I conduct myself towards people must present the real me no matter who I am talking to.  Wise speech and gentle manners go a long good way in maintaining friendships and presenting the Ideals of Chivalry to all people. 

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2017-02-25, 20:26:27 ---
--- Quote ---Is there a valid reason to keep a secret to yourself because you will have more control? 
--- End quote ---

If the secret is something that pertains to you, it is best to keep it to yourself unless you require or need help.  One who has control over himself will be able to keep any secret and even make things that are secret no longer a secret for he would have finished any business dealing with the secret (regarding himself or with others).
--- End quote ---

Agreed, if the secret pertains only to oneself and impacts only oneself.  To keep a secret for the sake of control (power) is not acceptable in my opinion.  One who keeps secrets for vain, glory, or power over others can not be considered chivalrous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version