Miscellaneous > The Sallyport

Why do you love where you live? ~We have to move again.

<< < (3/3)

Thorsteinn:
Oddly this came up in my research on colleges that do Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, & Applied Physics undergrads as a possible Masters program. What is odd is that I have never before thought of getting a Masters degree.

Masters of Decision Analytics(M.D.A.) at Virginia Commonwealth University.

And bonus is that it is near several members of the Order.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn ---So tell us why we should want to move where you live?
Why do you love it where you are?
--- End quote ---

I'll always put in a plug for Minnesota, specifically the Twin Cities.  The seven county metropolitan area surrounding Saint Paul and Minneapolis have low crime, high wages, excellent schools and good public transportation.  We're well known for the best bicycle trail system and park system of any state.  We're also home to 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing), Best Buy and Target.  Our foodie and micro-brew scene is exploding.  We also have a solid SCA group, we're home to Arms & Armor and next door to Albion Swords.

Why do I love it in Minnesota?  I've had the opportunity to live in Florida, Iowa, Hawaii as well as visit at least 35+ of our 50 states.  None of these, in my opinion compare, to Minnesota.  We actually have 4 seasons including, yes, abundant snow (except for this year  :(  ).  In fifteen minutes I can be downtown at the Xcel Energy Center watching Wild hockey, or traveling fifteen minutes in the opposite direction, be hunting grouse / deer / etc.  It never really gets too cold this far south, the people in the 'Cities complain, but they have NO idea what cold is.

Oh, and we're NOT Wisconsin!   :P

Bayard_Davis-Munro:
I always liked the Twin Cities. Used to go up to the cat plant in Maple Grove and get construction equipment for export or local dealers.

I see also the TC area has commuter rail now as well! Very good deal!

Sadly you have the Wild  ;) Go Hawks!! ;D

But yes at least you are not Wisconsin nor Illinois!

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Bayard_Davis-Munro on 2017-03-05, 17:53:06 ---I always liked the Twin Cities. Used to go up to the cat plant in Maple Grove and get construction equipment for export or local dealers.

I see also the TC area has commuter rail now as well! Very good deal!

Sadly you have the Wild  ;) Go Hawks!! ;D

But yes at least you are not Wisconsin nor Illinois!

--- End quote ---

I'm with you there.  I miss the good old days of the Blackhawks and North Stars beating the crap out of each other! 

Bayard_Davis-Munro:
The Wild just isn't the same. Good rivalry, but not like the old days. Maybe in a few more years it will be like that again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version