Main > The Courtyard

Jousting

<< < (2/6) > >>

Lord Dane:
Always interesting reading. :) Thanks for the insight.  Wish my esquestrian skills were up to par.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2016-06-10, 21:32:14 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Martyn on 2016-06-09, 19:11:12 --- tilt at Sir James...
--- End quote ---

That's when you had me!  ;D

--- End quote ---

I, umm, wait, what just happened?

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2016-06-12, 01:24:37 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2016-06-10, 21:32:14 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Martyn on 2016-06-09, 19:11:12 --- tilt at Sir James...
--- End quote ---

That's when you had me!  ;D

--- End quote ---

I, umm, wait, what just happened?

--- End quote ---

Don't worry about it! Just stand right here and don't move!
(*Gives the secret hand signal to Mike to start his run*)  ;)

MDJouster:
We do have space for camping.  We actually hosted a Markland event once ages ago.

--- Quote from: Sir Martyn on 2016-06-09, 19:11:12 ---Mike - thanks for sharing. 

Don't know how we could swing this, but it would be great to do an Order meet-up/event sometime with jousting (at least discussion if not action) as part of the agenda.  I know everyone would welcome the chance to spend more "off duty" time with you guys, your horses and see your gear close up to ask questions, tilt at Sir James, etc.

--- End quote ---

MDJouster:
One thing to consider.  If you are looking for the "true historic perspective".  Riding was a significant part of a knights training and is good exercise.  There is value in the training beyond just becoming a good, fit rider.  I understand it is expensive and time consuming but there are a lot of benefits.

Its a relationship between man and horse that you can't replicate in any other fashion.  A form of communication that has no other comparison.  Learning to trust and inspire a 1500 lbs herd animal to do things against its nature, running aggressively at another animal, is not normal for a herbivore.

I have read some posts from Luke Binks and Arne Koets, top level jousters and riders,  and there are things you can't understand that really help transcend the medieval texts, even back into non-mounted activities.

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2016-06-11, 12:37:19 ---Always interesting reading. :) Thanks for the insight.  Wish my esquestrian skills were up to par.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version