Main > The Great Hall

Hail and Well Met!

(1/5) > >>

Lady Jouster:
As I recently joined the forum, I thought I should introduce myself to those of you that don't already know me.  My name is Krissie England and my husband and I know a few of you from the Virginia Renaissance Faire (www.VARF.org), where we are currently in our 11th year as the armored jousters (as in, right now - we have two weekends left, come out and say hi!).  I tell people it's probably one of the few sports where spouses can get paid to strap on armor and hit each other...

As a girl, I was always fascinated with chivalry and knights in armor but I didn't understand why I couldn't be the hero.  After all, who wants to be the damsel in distress?  I have been riding horses since I was young, and as an adult, extending that into mounted combat seemed the logical next step.  When a certain male jouster, the owner of a jousting troupe, told me I would never joust because I was a woman, that was probably the worst thing he could have said to me.  Never tell a woman what she can't do!  I have been proving him wrong for over a decade.

We have become friends with the Order of the Marshall members at VARF over the years and definitely share many of the same ideals. I am happy to join this group and keep in contact during the off season, and hopefully add something of worth to the conversation.  In addition to jousting, we are former SCA fencers and would love to get back into fencing.  However, full time jobs, three sons, and a farm have taken a huge hit on our available time.  One day...

Sir Nate:
Welcome! Ill be down at Virginia faire my first time this weekend, I look forward to meeting you in person.
Jousting also allows one to knock the Doubter Jousters on their arsers

Sir Brian:
Hail and well met Lady Jouster! I am very glad you have joined the forum and look forward to having discussions in regards to your expertise in jousting. It is also convenient for us if you'd occasionally remind your husband and our Order brother to come see us on the forum more often! ;)

Give us a yell if you need additional squires as we will have a plethora of Order members there is weekend. Our Page
Naythan and Yeoman Aiden are young and fleet of foot and I'm sure eager to be of assistance! :)

Lady Jouster:
Thank you for the welcome, Naythan and Sir Brian! Glad I finally found you all here. I'll give Mike a nudge...

We can always use additional squires on the field! This weekend we are short at least one squire and we have an additional rider, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully we won't have any pop-ups flying overhead this weekend and we'll actually have the footing to hit each other.

Sir William:
Hail and well met, Lady Jouster!  Nice to put a name to the person I've seen in the lists at VARF!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version