Miscellaneous > The Sallyport

East Coast Foodies and Friends, a question for you regarding your cities.

<< < (2/2)

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Sir Rodney on 2016-03-22, 04:57:20 ---You might want to think about the St. Paul / Minneapolis metro area (3.3 million).  The food and micro brew scene is exploding here.

--- End quote ---

We've thought about it as Chef Zimmern has also echoed your opinion but it won't be for the 1st place we move to, maybe 2nd or 3rd. I too have heard such and it does seem like a nice place however the NE Corridor Megalopolis has more overall competition and caliber of chefs for her to train under.

Thorsteinn:
So my wife found out that not only does Johnson & Wales Uni out in Providence, RI have openings for Culinary Instructors, and they offer a BA & MFA in Culinary Arts & Restaurant Management, but they are a legitimate college too unlike Art Institute or Le Cordon Bleu.

So she's really wanting to go there in the next few years of our move if not first.

What is y'alls opinion of the place?

For reference.
https://www1.jwu.edu/providence/

Bernarr:
Stay away from Allentown (PA) as well, it's been going downhill for years. lots of places closing up shop and moving to better areas. The only thing it has going for it is it's international airport.

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Bernarr on 2019-08-16, 22:18:32 ---Stay away from Allentown (PA) as well, it's been going downhill for years. lots of places closing up shop and moving to better areas. The only thing it has going for it is it's international airport.

--- End quote ---

So shortly after that last post we moved to just outside Boston, then a year later to Raleigh. My wife is currently working as a Chef for one of the universities here.

--- Quote from: Sir Rodney on 2016-03-22, 04:57:20 ---You might want to think about the St. Paul / Minneapolis metro area (3.3 million).  The food and micro brew scene is exploding here.

--- End quote ---

Man I am still hoping we can move there next. We almost did move there the first time around by accident while driving through Des Moines. Still wondering if we did the right thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version