"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense".
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: John Clements is making sword video's for Windlass. You must see.  (Read 20484 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Well said, Naythan...I imagine the lure of gold (money) may have turned his pride on its ear.  Its a paying gig, of that much I'm pretty sure of (otherwise I doubt he'd give them the time of day) - but it begs the question, only those of us 'in the know' in the "swording" world even know who this man is, so is it an attempt at 'legitimacy'?  I wonder; because I never considered their stock wall hangers; rougher around the edges so to speak, less pretty, definitely more workmanlike.  Though I've never handled any of their Mastercraft line, of the wares I have handled extensively, I've only had one or two of the wallhanger type (screw-on pommels are usually the deciding factor, a lot of their older stuff was of this type).  I consider them on par with say Angelsword (though their wares are almost ten times the price for some truly awful looking stuff in some cases) or even DSA.

If this takes off, I expect the whole 'blackened armor' thing will take off too- because the armor's gotta match the sword, right?  And black is the most lethal color of them all, everyone knows that.  ;)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Well said, Naythan...I imagine the lure of gold (money) may have turned his pride on its ear.  Its a paying gig, of that much I'm pretty sure of (otherwise I doubt he'd give them the time of day) - but it begs the question, only those of us 'in the know' in the "swording" world even know who this man is, so is it an attempt at 'legitimacy'?  I wonder; because I never considered their stock wall hangers; rougher around the edges so to speak, less pretty, definitely more workmanlike.  Though I've never handled any of their Mastercraft line, of the wares I have handled extensively, I've only had one or two of the wallhanger type (screw-on pommels are usually the deciding factor, a lot of their older stuff was of this type).  I consider them on par with say Angelsword (though their wares are almost ten times the price for some truly awful looking stuff in some cases) or even DSA.

If this takes off, I expect the whole 'blackened armor' thing will take off too- because the armor's gotta match the sword, right?  And black is the most lethal color of them all, everyone knows that.  ;)

AHHHHH...  You said "Angelsword"!  Crap, now I said it too.  Please no one else say it a third time or the gates of hell will fling open.   ;)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
LOL @ Sir Rodney

Indeed, Brother.  You know, the prices he charges are nigh-criminal!  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€