"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: I'm to sexy for The Force, to sexy for The Force.  (Read 7780 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I'm to sexy for The Force, to sexy for The Force.
« on: 2016-02-26, 05:28:48 »

Sexy Jedi - but why aren't they sexier?
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: I'm to sexy for The Force, to sexy for The Force.
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-26, 14:11:09 »
lol, interesting hypothesis. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Jon Blair

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-29, 16:37:53 »
He answers his question within the first couple of seconds. He said "We have evolved, we humans, to find certain things sexy". But Star Wars is supposed to be taking place "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away..." Ergo, we have not evolved as humans quite as far as today.

Perhaps people back then wouldn't have truly trusted the Jedi. Someone who can manipulate your mind or pick you up and throw you across the room or force choke you would cause people who can't do those things to not trust them enough for a relationship. Let's say a Jedi marries a non-Jedi. A few years into their marriage, non-Jedi nags about how the Jedi forgot to pick up milk on the way home from the Jedi Temple, an argument ensues, and the Jedi snaps and force strangles the non-Jedi. Not only do we have another broken marriage, but we also have a dark Jedi running around giving into the Dark Side of the Force. Mass hysteria.
"Diligo bonus quod contemno malum"

Azure, a saltire argent charged nine mascles azure

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-02, 20:51:54 »
 ;)
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-03, 05:36:40 »
Sidetracked here:

Interesting, I only caught a quarter of those references when watching the movie!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-03, 05:48:53 by Sir Rodney »
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber