"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                -- Marcus Aurelius

Author Topic: JourneyQuest Season 3  (Read 13649 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
JourneyQuest Season 3
« on: 2016-02-18, 20:06:07 »
Only 32 hours remain in the Kickstarter for Season 3 of JourneyQuest. If they don't get funded, it gets canceled instead. Ive already backed it. Anyone else planning to chip in? Time is running out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zombieorpheus/journeyquest-season-3

Playlist for seasons 1 & 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB600313D4723E21F&v=pVORGr2fDk8
« Last Edit: 2016-02-18, 20:06:29 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: JourneyQuest Season 3
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-19, 07:17:07 »
Pledged my $25.  8)
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Martyn

• Knight Itinerant
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Courage Honor Faith Humility Justice Prowess Mercy
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-21, 20:47:13 »
Saw they made their goal - good news!
Among the greatest evils we face are those which lie within.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-22, 15:58:09 »

Yep! Barely, but they made it. It sounds like most of the actors are pretty excited about this season after reading the script.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-22, 17:24:11 »

Yep! Barely, but they made it. It sounds like most of the actors are pretty excited about this season after reading the script.

Was there another source of funding?  I thought it was kind of weird that they raised the final $100,000 (which was like 25% of the total) in final day of the campaign. 
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-22, 22:37:24 »

Not that I'm aware of, but I've seen some other kickstarters accelerate hard in the last 24 hours too. It sometimes makes me wonder if there are some wealthy benefactors who wait to see if it needs them to sign up at the higher tiers or not. In this case, they had about 1000 people sign on in the last 36 hours or so, so it's hard to say. They did ramp up the emails in the last two or three days, and started encouraging people to post about it on social media. It might have been just enough.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2016-02-22, 22:51:18 »

Not that I'm aware of, but I've seen some other kickstarters accelerate hard in the last 24 hours too. It sometimes makes me wonder if there are some wealthy benefactors who wait to see if it needs them to sign up at the higher tiers or not. In this case, they had about 1000 people sign on in the last 36 hours or so, so it's hard to say. They did ramp up the emails in the last two or three days, and started encouraging people to post about it on social media. It might have been just enough.

Cool!  Good for them!  That's a nice chunk of dough to raise in such a short time.
My Pinterest

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #7 on: 2016-02-23, 20:35:19 »
Cool!  Good for them!  That's a nice chunk of dough to raise in such a short time.

Heck yeah! I wish I could get $100k in 24 hours. lol :)

It was making me nervous for a while, since they were effectively saying that the show would be completely canceled if they didn't hit their target. They have plans to go for about 7 seasons total (or somewhere in that ballpark), with the story arch outlined already. I just hope they don't price themselves out of the running next time around.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2016-02-23, 22:47:45 »

Heck yeah! I wish I could get $100k in 24 hours. lol :)

It was making me nervous for a while, since they were effectively saying that the show would be completely canceled if they didn't hit their target. They have plans to go for about 7 seasons total (or somewhere in that ballpark), with the story arch outlined already. I just hope they don't price themselves out of the running next time around.

Yeah, I kind of thought they were done for looking at the kickstarter the day before.  It sounded to me from their pitch that the underlying reason for the high cost of season 3 is that JourneyQuest is becoming their primary income, or at least a large chunk of it (they alluded to paying the actors a living wage).  That's pretty awesome if they can make a living doing something they love like that.  More power to them!
My Pinterest

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #9 on: 2016-02-24, 14:01:09 »
Yeah, I kind of thought they were done for looking at the kickstarter the day before.  It sounded to me from their pitch that the underlying reason for the high cost of season 3 is that JourneyQuest is becoming their primary income, or at least a large chunk of it (they alluded to paying the actors a living wage).  That's pretty awesome if they can make a living doing something they love like that.  More power to them!

Yeah they mentioned that any time the actors and crew are working on these projects, it's time that they're turning down other work, such as commercials or whatever. So it at least keeps their income consistent and is "real work". Which is fantastic. When they went into detail about why they're not going into the hole financially this time around, it made a lot of sense.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 2016-02-25, 20:24:37 »
Mans gotta eat. I'm glad I gave them my $25.  8)

Remember the comedian Ahmed Ahmed and how he went on an audition as a terrorist but did the audition by going way over the top on an audition, not taking it seriously, and not giving a f***? Then he got the job. He had basically  this conversation with his agent
"I'm not feeding the beast man. I'm a proud Arab Egyptian and will not help perpetuate the stereotype. I make a decent living as a stand-up comic. I'm going to say no."
"They want to pay you $30k for a weeks work."
<sighs>
"Damn....damn... OK. Allahu Akbar! Kill the Infidel! When do I start?"
Fall down seven, get up eight.