Main > The Library

JourneyQuest Season 3

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Edward:

Not that I'm aware of, but I've seen some other kickstarters accelerate hard in the last 24 hours too. It sometimes makes me wonder if there are some wealthy benefactors who wait to see if it needs them to sign up at the higher tiers or not. In this case, they had about 1000 people sign on in the last 36 hours or so, so it's hard to say. They did ramp up the emails in the last two or three days, and started encouraging people to post about it on social media. It might have been just enough.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2016-02-22, 22:37:24 ---
Not that I'm aware of, but I've seen some other kickstarters accelerate hard in the last 24 hours too. It sometimes makes me wonder if there are some wealthy benefactors who wait to see if it needs them to sign up at the higher tiers or not. In this case, they had about 1000 people sign on in the last 36 hours or so, so it's hard to say. They did ramp up the emails in the last two or three days, and started encouraging people to post about it on social media. It might have been just enough.

--- End quote ---

Cool!  Good for them!  That's a nice chunk of dough to raise in such a short time.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2016-02-22, 22:51:18 ---Cool!  Good for them!  That's a nice chunk of dough to raise in such a short time.

--- End quote ---

Heck yeah! I wish I could get $100k in 24 hours. lol :)

It was making me nervous for a while, since they were effectively saying that the show would be completely canceled if they didn't hit their target. They have plans to go for about 7 seasons total (or somewhere in that ballpark), with the story arch outlined already. I just hope they don't price themselves out of the running next time around.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2016-02-23, 20:35:19 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2016-02-22, 22:51:18 ---Cool!  Good for them!  That's a nice chunk of dough to raise in such a short time.

--- End quote ---

Heck yeah! I wish I could get $100k in 24 hours. lol :)

It was making me nervous for a while, since they were effectively saying that the show would be completely canceled if they didn't hit their target. They have plans to go for about 7 seasons total (or somewhere in that ballpark), with the story arch outlined already. I just hope they don't price themselves out of the running next time around.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I kind of thought they were done for looking at the kickstarter the day before.  It sounded to me from their pitch that the underlying reason for the high cost of season 3 is that JourneyQuest is becoming their primary income, or at least a large chunk of it (they alluded to paying the actors a living wage).  That's pretty awesome if they can make a living doing something they love like that.  More power to them!

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2016-02-23, 22:47:45 ---Yeah, I kind of thought they were done for looking at the kickstarter the day before.  It sounded to me from their pitch that the underlying reason for the high cost of season 3 is that JourneyQuest is becoming their primary income, or at least a large chunk of it (they alluded to paying the actors a living wage).  That's pretty awesome if they can make a living doing something they love like that.  More power to them!

--- End quote ---

Yeah they mentioned that any time the actors and crew are working on these projects, it's time that they're turning down other work, such as commercials or whatever. So it at least keeps their income consistent and is "real work". Which is fantastic. When they went into detail about why they're not going into the hole financially this time around, it made a lot of sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version