Main > The Round Table

Two Contests on myArmoury (end 12/14/15)

<< < (2/2)

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2015-12-25, 02:33:45 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Rodney on 2015-12-23, 05:46:39 ---They've announced both winners.  I was not among them...    :'(

--- End quote ---

You're still a winner to us. :)

--- End quote ---

Just what he needs, another participation trophy. ;)

Sir Rodney:
You guys are nutty.   :)

True story for Thorsteinn:  My 10 year old son wrestles freestyle and was thoroughly roughed up at a tournament two weeks ago.  They handed him a medal for 4th place!   ::)

I was proud of my son's effort; the other boys were just plain better and more experienced.  I was very proud of my son when he was confused as to why he got a medal at all...

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Sir Rodney on 2015-12-31, 05:32:25 ---You guys are nutty.   :)

True story for Thorsteinn:  My 10 year old son wrestles freestyle and was thoroughly roughed up at a tournament two weeks ago.  They handed him a medal for 4th place!   ::)

I was proud of my son's effort; the other boys were just plain better and more experienced.  I was very proud of my son when he was confused as to why he got a medal at all...

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I mean, if you're going to give a participation trophy, then at least be honest and make it mean something like a Marathon or 5K does.

Wait... those are more "congrats on being stupid enough to try, and determined enough not to die in the attempt" as I found out. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version