"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
                -- Edmund Burke

Author Topic: Armstreet Armour?  (Read 5174 times)

Sir_Edward_ReBrook

• New Forum Member
Armstreet Armour?
« on: 2015-10-23, 23:47:35 »
Gentlemen:

I wondered if any of you had any thoughts about the quality/fit/functionality/accuracy of Armsstreet. They have what alleged to be a pretty snazzy looking Agincourt styled harness for around $4K. See here: http://m.armstreet.com/store/armor/medieval-western-knights-armor-kit-the-kings-guard
Respectfully,

W. Edward Graf von Ettendorf-ReBrook, GOTJ

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Armstreet Armour?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-24, 00:11:11 »
It's definitely a fantasy take on some historically inspired armor, but beyond that there are also some functional problems.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-24, 02:40:03 »
It's definitely a fantasy take on some historically inspired armor, but beyond that there are also some functional problems.
Im not quite the plate armor expert. But that breastplate needs more room where the shoulders meet the torso, so the person can more easily keep their arms in front of them.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-24, 02:41:34 »
True, but it's an improvement over the GDFB Churburg atrocity which costs $1,700. 

I should know as I have the bascinet.  With the time and modifications I have in that one piece, I should've just bought a good bascinet for $1,000+   ::)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-24, 04:24:15 »
Definitely an improvement over the GDFB, but at more than double the price, one would hope so.

At $4k, I'd go for a tailored harness, rather than an off the shelf. For mild steel, it's a reasonable goal.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent