"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: Editor on Modern Medievalist  (Read 4930 times)

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Editor on Modern Medievalist
« on: 2015-10-02, 12:52:36 »
David Baker, the creator of the Facebook page Modern Medievalist, a large page in the Facebook medieval community has made me an Assistant Editor.
I am very glad to be an Editor/Admin but this is a large responsibility. I think this marks another point in my development as a medievalist. I will have to strive harder than before for quality historical info, as well as staying relaxed an unbiased.
 I also think it may be time to enter the MyArmoury community. Thoughts anyone?
« Last Edit: 2015-10-02, 12:55:19 by Naythan »
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Editor on Modern Medievalist
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-07, 14:38:20 »
MyArmoury's a message board just like this one, and others like SFI, SBG and AA.  MyA has been around for a while and there's a wealth of information, I'm partial to the sword reviews section myself.  I think you're on the right path and I've always liked your enthusiasm- just be certain that whatever facts you are laying out have bibliographic back up as your words will reach a much larger audience and a lot of them will or have already done their own research and will likely be knowledgeable on a range of topics.  Good luck with it.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-07, 22:32:14 »
Thank you william, your words give me strength, and I will be careful about what I say.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-08, 02:23:39 »
David Baker, the creator of the Facebook page Modern Medievalist, a large page in the Facebook medieval community has made me an Assistant Editor.
I am very glad to be an Editor/Admin but this is a large responsibility. I think this marks another point in my development as a medievalist. I will have to strive harder than before for quality historical info, as well as staying relaxed an unbiased.
 I also think it may be time to enter the MyArmoury community. Thoughts anyone?

Congratulations on the Assistant Editor role!

I’d encourage you to enter any arena (myArmoury, etc.) you see fit to enter.  You’re young, intelligent and energetic, all admirable qualities.   Here’s the “but” – don’t forget about friends, romance, family, goofing off, and down time.  It’s very easy to dive into historical research / term paper / big report for the boss to the exclusion of personal time. Find a balance that works for you.

Nathan and Chad of myArmoury are great guys, know their stuff, and moderate a great forum.  Trolls are banished quickly, heated intelligent discussions are permitted and those that lack decorum are not.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-13, 14:08:24 »
You mean Nate is the official censor on what is considered 'medieval-appropriate'?!!?!?  :o
« Last Edit: 2015-10-13, 14:08:39 by Lord Dane »
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)