Miscellaneous > The Market Square

Blackened & Brass Splint Bracers/Vambraces (Merc Tailor)

(1/3) > >>

Lord Dane:
Hello all. Looking to acquire a pair of Merc Tailor's custom brass & blackened steel splint bracers or vambraces as displayed in the pic. I have the greaves already that I purchased on ebay. I want to complete the set for the armor kit I am putting together.
** I heard that Sir William or Edward might have some insight into this acquisition. **

As Allan is not in business anymore, I really want these. Finders fee and price negotiable. :) Let's talk. 

Sir Brian:
Ask Allan to custom make them for you. It will be more expensive than what he use to ask for and he might be willing if you can provide the leather and any other material he no longer keeps in stock. Also if he is willing to take the commission, it would probably help if you pay 100% of it upfront.

Lord Dane:
Been there, done that Brian. No go.

Allan Senefelder:

--- Quote ---Ask Allan to custom make them for you.
--- End quote ---

Sorry fellas, Allan works a very full time job with lots of OT a good pay and sold off all his tools to cover the hole that swining a hammer had dug. I don't have anything close to a recommendation of who domestically might be able to do something like this as so many shops have closed up over the last 6 years of this stunningly great " recovery " of ours. You might get stuck having to go the Eastern European route. If I can think of anyone left domestically I will post them up but the choices are few these days.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Allan Senefelder on 2015-08-30, 15:55:38 ---
--- Quote ---Ask Allan to custom make them for you.
--- End quote ---

Sorry fellas, Allan works a very full time job with lots of OT a good pay and sold off all his tools to cover the hole that swining a hammer had dug. I don't have anything close to a recommendation of who domestically might be able to do something like this as so many shops have closed up over the last 6 years of this stunningly great " recovery " of ours. You might get stuck having to go the Eastern European route. If I can think of anyone left domestically I will post them up but the choices are few these days.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Allan. I have hit up all the armorers who make decent splint armor. Armstreet won't do blackened steel or customize their product. He's probably closest to your handiwork. I will make it work or do it myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version