"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
                -- Theodore H. White

Author Topic: Heavy Longsword in the style of Joachim Meyer by Sir Marc de Arundel  (Read 4617 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
From Mark Hollingshead​  (Sir Marc de Arundel) via the Armor Archive-

"So, on the way to West/Antir, I was struck by an idea. "I'll write a guide to SCA Heavy longsword in the style of Joachim Meyer, my favorite period master, that will be interesting, and it'll get more heavies looking at period sources."

The project took on a life of its own. I just finished it, at 101 pages. I reorganized the information with modern descriptions, added supplementary drills, took LOTS of sequence photos, and generally melted my brain.

This is a bit more specific than the info on my normal website, it has a LOT more information, and a lot more drills.

My own fighting is a bit of a hybrid between German and Italian stuff, Although I've been more focused on the German sources for a while now.I tried to stay faithful to the source material on this one."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14VOa87I0qIFqDzsE-sh3dYaFhytw9Nr8n0-ZCGrnOGc/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs
Fall down seven, get up eight.