"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: Your Favorite DC Character  (Read 12599 times)

Justin

• Knight at heart
  • Forum Member
  • On the quest to knighthood
Your Favorite DC Character
« on: 2015-08-04, 19:18:41 »
Well, since we are already discussing who our favorite Marvel characters are, it seems only fitting that our favorite DC characters should have their chance to shine as well. Who is your favorite DC character, and why? Mine is Batman. I greatly enjoy watching Batman solve mysteries that would stump most people. I also love watching him take on ridiculous odds without super powers.
Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Your Favorite DC Character
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-04, 20:07:20 »
Batman has always been my favorite. I grew up with The Justice League show and watched batman TAS as well.
I like superman, but  I think my second favorite DC character is the Barry Allen Flash. (despite growing up with the wally west flash in Justice league)
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Dimitry

• The Black Wolf of Carpathia
  • New Forum Member
    • Silver Knights Jousting & Equestrian Martial Arts
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-04, 21:50:44 »
If I had to pick one it would have to be Batman. I never really got into DC stuff... Though the Booster Gold/ Blue Beetle team in JLA in the late 80s was hysterical....
Violentia Aureus

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-04, 23:57:44 »
It's a hard choice between Jon Stewart/ Green Lantern & John Constantine.

But I have to go with Jon.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Edward Oldwall

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-05, 20:06:40 »
In the Marvel universe, I love the heroes. However, in the DC universe it is the villains that I enjoy the most. The Joker is probably my favorite character. With so many different portrayals of him throughout all sorts of media (comics, TV, movies, etc...) And through them all he is still the same character. He fascinates me to no end, as do many of Batman's rogues.
And speaking of rogues, my second favorite DC character is Captain Cold. He was a bit weak in the early days, but Geoff Johns handling of the character when he reintroduced him was superb. He is a crook and he does bad things, but he holds himself and his fellow villainous teammates to a code of conduct that no other bad guy even thinks about doing.
I've bought your soul, fight well for me!

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-06, 01:22:14 »
Edit: I gotta go with John Constantine. He's inspired some of my most favorite shows and one of my favorite book characters (Harry Dresden).

"I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any c*** could do it." -John Constantine
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2015-08-06, 20:26:07 »
It is a tossup between Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.  And Catwoman.  :)

Never really liked the Flash, JLA seems like a rough draft (unlike the slick end result) of the Avengers [as stated, been a Marvel fan since day One], and with only a few exceptions, I didn't enjoy any of their characters, except as fluff or comedy (Bizarro Superman for instance), didn't care for Green Lantern either, despite sharing a few similarities with Hal Jordan (attitude wise, not the pilot bit).  Well, I did get into one of the Batman offshoots- can't recall the name and too lazy to lookup but was comprised of heroes like Geo-force, Black Lightning and Katana- seriously, that's as creative as they could get?  Katana.  LOL  Anyway, it was interesting for a few issues but after a while, I got bored.  I think Nightwing might've led that group.  Oh, and the lil girl deaf assassin who took up/over for Batman over a short story arc.  Think she was trained by some super merc til Batman found her.  She was pretty cool.  DC comics always seemed just a little too outlandish for me which is odd considering they're comic books...but I never liked them as much as I did Marvel, then or now.  Charles Alexander on AA has fed my need for nostalgia with old Marvel books- he's got, or had, a ton of'm.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-11, 18:33:08 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2015-08-10, 22:08:40 »
It is a tossup between Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.  And Catwoman.  :)

Never really liked the Flash, JLA seemed like a cheap copy of the Avengers (as stated, been a Marvel fan since day One), and with only a few exceptions, I didn't enjoy any of their characters, except as fluff or comedy (Bizarro Superman for instance), didn't care for Green Lantern either, despite sharing a few similarities with Hal Jordan (attitude wise, not the pilot bit).  Well, I did get into one of the Batman offshoots- can't recall the name and too lazy to lookup but was comprised of heroes like Geo-force, Black Lightning and Katana- seriously, that's as creative as they could get?  Katana.  LOL  Anyway, it was interesting for a few issues but after a while, I got bored.  I think Nightwing might've led that group.  Oh, and the lil girl deaf assassin who took up/over for Batman over a short story arc.  Think she was trained by some super merc til Batman found her.  She was pretty cool.  DC comics always seemed just a little too outlandish for me which is odd considering they're comic books...but I never liked them as much as I did Marvel, then or now.  Charles Alexander on AA has fed my need for nostalgia with old Marvel books- he's got, or had, a ton of'm.
Justice league existed before the avengers

Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2015-08-11, 18:32:04 »
You are right Naythan, by 3 years actually (JLA came about in 1960, the Avengers in 1963); so I shall amend my statement.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-11, 18:33:37 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #9 on: 2015-08-11, 19:30:57 »
You are right Naythan, by 3 years actually (JLA came about in 1960, the Avengers in 1963); so I shall amend my statement.
its not a big issue William :)
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order

Sir Martyn

• Knight Itinerant
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Courage Honor Faith Humility Justice Prowess Mercy
« Reply #10 on: 2015-08-29, 22:56:49 »
Hal Jordan GL
Among the greatest evils we face are those which lie within.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 2015-09-02, 15:20:35 »
I had to google my options, only ones I knew a little about were Batman and Superman.

I'm going with Green Arrow. I had bookmarked the show on Netflix but hadn't started watching it. His backstory sounds neat. I might just have to watch the series, now.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

sambow23.sb

• New Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: 2015-11-19, 12:16:44 »
Batman, jonah hex , flash, there is so many

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

sambow23.sb

• New Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: 2015-11-19, 12:44:04 »
Batman o r flash

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #14 on: 2015-11-19, 15:59:21 »

The Flash is pretty awesome. I'm enjoying the current TV series.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )