"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: Deleted my Facebook  (Read 9547 times)

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
Re: Deleted my Facebook
« Reply #15 on: 2015-07-25, 21:55:53 »
I tried setting up a second account just for my medieval stuff, which is all I really care about anyway, but FB made me take it down. Said it had to be the real me (ironic). I have unfollowed most of my "friends" who I hadn't heard from in 20 years and I'd love to follow a lot of the business pages I follow, but I'm in the chamber of commerce with these guys so I feel guilty if I don't Like their stuff. Still have a lot of stuff to wade through every day though...
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #16 on: 2015-07-26, 02:08:27 »
I tried setting up a second account just for my medieval stuff, which is all I really care about anyway, but FB made me take it down. Said it had to be the real me (ironic). I have unfollowed most of my "friends" who I hadn't heard from in 20 years and I'd love to follow a lot of the business pages I follow, but I'm in the chamber of commerce with these guys so I feel guilty if I don't Like their stuff. Still have a lot of stuff to wade through every day though...

B.S. I do not use my real self at all to this day, Patrick. They know nothing. Make it up. :)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2015-07-29, 21:51:38 »

You can set up a "persona" page as long as it's under the same account. I started splitting mine off before, and gave up and deleted it. But basically you link the two profiles, and I had my regular personal one, and then a "Sir James, Order of the Marshal" as an ... athlete page I think?
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
« Reply #18 on: 2015-08-01, 18:12:41 »
I think I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."