Main > The Great Hall

Greetings and salutations

(1/3) > >>

Sir Michael:
Hello good Sirs;
     First off my name is Michael and I am a 46 years old U.S combat veteran and law enforcement officer and I have always loved knights and the practice of chivalry.  My main interest have always been the time period of the holy crusades (1095-1291).  I first started taking my first steps down this road that we have chosen when a friend of mine had taken me to my first renaissance faire.  At the end of that day I just knew that I wanted to do something but I didn't know where to focus my energy, except that my mind kept going back to the knights jousting.  So I decided that I wanted to become a knight but what kind of knight and from what period in time?

I am a very spiritual man and my faith and love of knights of course led me to the crusades.  So I read as many books as I could on the history and the knights of those holy wars.  To be honest I do not have a lot of armor as of yet but I do have a chainmail hauberk, and chainmail coif as well as a sword and the rest of the garb that goes along with what a Templar knight would wear.  As time goes along I will be adding pieces to my kit time and money and allows.

Let my say that I was so happy to have found this site/forum, it's always nice to find people of like interests.  It might sound funny but have you ever felt like you where born during the wrong time period?  Yes I like the modern comforts of today but I do miss the morals and honor that the knights of yesterday tried to live up, and what you good folks are trying to keep alive today.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity today to serve along side of you.  I look forward to getting involved in your discussions and hopefully even getting to meet some of you in person, but what I look forward to the most is looking forward to calling you all my friends.

Ian:
Welcome, please make yourself at home.

Sir Brian:
Hail and well met! Welcome to the forum!

Sir Patrick:
Welcome!

Sir William:
Greetings and salutations, sir.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version