"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: Got to do a Mitzvah today at a hit & run.  (Read 4109 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Got to do a Mitzvah today at a hit & run.
« on: 2015-05-19, 23:21:22 »
So we were late to an appointment this morning as we witnessed a narly hit and run and thus stayed to render aid to the victim and give the cops a statement. Turned out the perp hit 2 more cars before being detained via some concerned citizens whom placed her under arrest.

This was at the corner of State St. & Center St, and the pic is looking south down Center St towards Washoe County Library. The other driver took off in her car like a bat outta hell in this direction, the wrong way too (Center is 2 lane one-way here), even hit the black car on the right side (it drove to the scene after being hit to help with the main victim). The cops are parked & diverting traffic behind the wreck.

We were a car and a half+ length back when the bad driver blew the stop sign a little, then sped out like a nutter and caused the accident. Right before it happen my danger sense went off so I slowed to get more time. Good thing too. However the vic never knew what hit her, never hit the brakes & was doing 25-30 mph. Subaru safety worked like it was supposed to. Vic was taken to the hospital bleeding in a few locations and a concussion at the minimum.

There must have been a dozen folk who were also in the area and helping out. :)
« Last Edit: 2015-05-19, 23:24:39 by Thorsteinn »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: Got to do a Mitzvah today at a hit & run.
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-20, 01:30:25 »
... There must have been a dozen folk who were also in the area and helping out. :)

This gives me hope.   :)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Got to do a Mitzvah today at a hit & run.
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-21, 18:10:18 »
... There must have been a dozen folk who were also in the area and helping out. :)

This gives me hope.   :)

Indeed. These days people don't usually stick around.

Of course sometimes the opposite problem can happen too, where too many stick around to help, and end up just being in the way.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )