"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."
                -- Ernest Hemingway

Author Topic: Single Most Painful Shot Given/Received By You?  (Read 5804 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Single Most Painful Shot Given/Received By You?
« on: 2015-04-30, 22:05:02 »
What is the single most painful shot ever given by you to someone and what is the most painful one received?

-Thorsteinn
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Single Most Painful Shot Given/Received By You?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-30, 22:45:42 »
What is the single most painful shot ever given by you to someone and what is the most painful one received?

-Thorsteinn

fencing, hitting the soft spot between the left breast and the shoulder. Thrice in a row, But it was funny because I hit the opposite fencer in the same spot.
It was painful, but pretty easy to laugh off.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-30, 22:46:04 by Sir Naythan »
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-01, 02:30:45 »
Received is about 9 years ago when my buddy showed me that my armour shifts sometimes, and hit me in the 1 sqin spot right above my right sciatic nerve via a fendente to backedge return on the pass. It lit me up bad. My world went white, I dropped like a strings cut marionette, and thought "Don't puke, just don't puke out of your helm. It'll look bad". It cause piriformis to spasm on my Sciatic that had just been hit. I've broken bones, dislocated ribs, and taken crotch shots that hurt less. Heck the injury still hurts.

Given is a tie between breaking Michael-Forrest's pinky five years ago via a fendente from a high guard (have vid). It wasn't terribly powerful but he executed a counter badly while still basically out of range. See I was trying to get him to bite on a fake so I could gig him. Guess it worked.

The other is a story from about 10 yrs ago in the SCA.

On his last practice, and last fight, before going off to China Lake to do his dream job, a newly authorized fighter came against me. I threw a shot for his gut. I was guiding off his shield, he lowered it to block and I lowered to continue the strike. When it landed it was N.B.C. "Nothin' But Cup" with some 8 inches left in the thrust. He teleported to his knees some 4 ft away. I said " I didn't?!" in a high voice he say's "You did!". Lovely present to send him off with.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2015-05-05, 17:34:29 »
A couple of years ago I suffered a minor fracture in the hand- thanks to my young Brother, Sir Nathan.  That hand didn't work right for two whole months afterward.  I should have gone to a doctor but I was too lazy to go.  Probably wouldv'e healed faster but healed is healed, I always say.  As for hardest I've ever thrown, I haven't, not in a sport setting- at least none that have been communicated to me. 
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Mike W.

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2015-05-05, 17:45:47 »
As far as giving, I can't say I've ever delivered majorly painful blows. Having said that, I did once dislocate my dear mother's toe by slamming my boot into it accidentally.

As far as receiving, only one instance comes to mind. In the course of one night I caught a machete on my wrist, had my foot fractured (not a clean break thank god), and was strangled. Thankfully the adrenaline kept the pain at bay, but the next day I was definitely feeling it. 
D’azur à trois fasces d’argent, et au chef gueule chargé de trois étoiles d’or.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-23, 01:45:33 »
Mike were you fighting in Haiti? How did an attack like that happen?

Sampf

• Forum Member
  • New Hampshire Knight
« Reply #6 on: 2015-07-23, 02:46:38 »
Most painful hit received must have been when I was repairing my shoulder plate and slammed my hand with a hammer at the proper speed to flatten a rivet. That's the most painful thing including my armor I could think of.

Most painful hit delivered was when I brought some hard plastic sparring swords to a larp and afterwards I let people hit me. One of my friends insisted he had enough padding on and that I could hit him as hard as I want back instead of taking the blows my self. So of course I hit him in the gut on the left side and knocked the wind right out of him.
Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #7 on: 2015-07-23, 04:00:35 »
Many years ago I took a two handed sword to the back of my head, while on my knees engaged with someone else. It didn’t hurt at the time as I didn’t see it coming and was knocked unconscious.

The following few days and weeks sucked big time with nausea and headaches. I was too young and dumb to see a doctor at the time. Don’t be me.

I realize now that I didn’t mention the most painful shot I’ve delivered during my previous AA post.

Many years ago we were at a fairground (Fargo, ND?) for an SCA event and I was using a nine foot rattan spear.  The opposing line decided to charge our line and I stood firm behind the shields.  The gentleman opposite me ran straight into my spear tip which caught him square in the junk.  The marshals had to call a “hold” and help him off the field.   :o
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber