"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: Today  (Read 10143 times)

Brother Daniel

• Brother Daniel
  • New Forum Member
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: 2015-04-16, 19:02:54 »
Never give up never. As Caleb in the Old Testament said I am in my 80s , but as strong as in my  40s  for battle.
Give me the mountains.
Brother Daniel , Phalanx Knight of Jesus Christ.
Ecc. 4:12

Sir Martyn

• Knight Itinerant
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Courage Honor Faith Humility Justice Prowess Mercy
« Reply #16 on: 2015-04-16, 19:17:57 »
Best wishes. 
Among the greatest evils we face are those which lie within.

Corvus

• A wanderer on the road less traveled
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #17 on: 2015-04-22, 02:37:58 »
Hail, Brother Daniel!

Glad belated tidings on your special day.

61 is not, I should think, an old age to be in this day and age, especially if one is young at heart and embraces the joy in the world. As an old mentor of mine used to say; "Any day above ground is a good one" and I find at my own age (53) this gets more true each year :D We are as young as we feel I think and having a noble cause most certainly has helped me in that endeavor.

I am the eldest of three brothers. The younger ones are 6 and 8 years younger than myself, respectively, yet everyone who meets us thinks that I and the youngest one. Why? Well I think its outlook, attitude, the embrace of joy and well...and certain degree of Peter Pan like immaturity as well  ;) Sadly, my brothers do not embrace the gift of life as I have. I certainly wish they would but indeed many folk are uninterested in anything beyond the 'bread and circuses' of the day-to-day world.   I wish you well in your quest for Knighthood, Brother Daniel. May it bring you satisfaction, honor and gladness.
“Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel.”    - Beowulf

Brother Daniel

• Brother Daniel
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: 2015-04-22, 18:12:40 »
Tis a noble cause indeed. Thank you all.
Brother Daniel , Phalanx Knight of Jesus Christ.
Ecc. 4:12