"Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts."
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: Trying to identify a show from the early 2000s - Making a Knight?  (Read 24772 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Let me know if you still haven't gotten your spurs by then, you can borrow a pair of mine, I have a pair of prick spurs you could use for the ceremony if it comes to it.

No worries if you can't get the dvd done on time, we'll see eachother again.  I'll be sure to bring that sugarloaf with me too.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
If you make it to MDRF on the 23rd (closing sunday) I will bring you a copy. Anyone else who wants a copy, shoot me a PM so I know how many DVDs to make. It was a good watch.

aww i want one haha, too bad im from cali lol

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
That's why the postal service is so useful, Leganoth.  LOL
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
That's why the postal service is so useful, Leganoth.  LOL

LOL i forgot about that! Well if you can you should send a copy, this show seems very interesting

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Sir James would be the one making the dvds but I'm sure he'd have no problem sending you a copy- you'll need to give him your mailing address.

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
Sir James would be the one making the dvds but I'm sure he'd have no problem sending you a copy- you'll need to give him your mailing address.

alright ill ask him about it then

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Sure, I don't mind mailing them. I'll have to get another stash of DVDs, I only had a few on hand. It may be a week or two since dad just had his knee replaced and their house flooded last weekend, I haven't heard back from RQP 6 weeks after ordering my spurs (despite email and phone call), and I need to either get my greaves to fit or tailor my mail and wear that harness, my wife's 30th birthday is in 2 weeks (shh, she's still 29 in her head ;)) ... so things are very hectic to say the last. I'll get caught up soon though.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
Sure, I don't mind mailing them. I'll have to get another stash of DVDs, I only had a few on hand. It may be a week or two since dad just had his knee replaced and their house flooded last weekend, I haven't heard back from RQP 6 weeks after ordering my spurs (despite email and phone call), and I need to either get my greaves to fit or tailor my mail and wear that harness, my wife's 30th birthday is in 2 weeks (shh, she's still 29 in her head ;)) ... so things are very hectic to say the last. I'll get caught up soon though.

Alright cool, send me a message when your ready to get my adress and etc :D thanks!!

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I forgot all about these, meant to ask you about them after the ceremony, Sir James.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I forgot all about these, meant to ask you about them after the ceremony, Sir James.

Gah! That was a perfect opportunity. I have the source image and just need to pop some blank discs in the burner to get them made. I'll see if I can do that this weekend while I work more on converting the Order website.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Awesome man, thanks! 

Sir James (Fiat Lux)

• Knight of the Hearth, Knightly Order of the Fiat Lux, Charlotte Chapter
  • New Forum Member
Didn't think anything would ever come of this thread when I posted it! It's great to see the information on it - problem is, I can't find it anywhere! Any chance of the file being uploaded to Megaupload or some sharing site?

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Didn't think anything would ever come of this thread when I posted it! It's great to see the information on it - problem is, I can't find it anywhere! Any chance of the file being uploaded to Megaupload or some sharing site?

Never underestimate the power of somebody who keeps way more stuff for way longer than they should since it "might be used/watched later".

I still haven't picked up any blank DVDs, but I have the DVD image file ripped to my computer. PM me your address, and I'll send you one. I'm wary of the big "file sharing" sites, and my hosting provider has terms specifically against hosting it there and I don't want to risk having multiple sites of mine shut down. :)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
After a short battle with Debian and convincing it that there's actually a blank DVD in the drive, I got these made and sent them out this morning. I went with the cheapest shipping option "First Class" (ironic), since "Priority Mail" shipping would have been $8 per DVD. Eek! Hopefully they'll arrive in a week or two. :)

Leganoth, if you don't see it in a couple weeks, let me know; you didn't have a zip code with your address and the post office looked it up but said they didn't have one for that particular unit, but had one a similar number with the same address. Hopefully it was right, if not, I'll send another one.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Oh awesome, can't wait man!