"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Bioshock Infinite  (Read 3846 times)

Mike W.

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Bioshock Infinite
« on: 2015-02-20, 16:02:43 »
HOLY SWEET MOTHER IN HEAVEN!!!
This game blew my mind.

I've played many great games in my time, but none has affected me nearly as much as Bioshock Infinite. Everything from the characters and story, to the setting and music. The graphics are incredible, the gameplay is immersive and fast paced (it is extremely linear though), the subtle themes, motifs, and details are mentally stimulating, the ending will have you in tears and begging for more. It's definitely a game that requires at minimum 3 play-throughs for a full experience.

Now go and play it!
D’azur à trois fasces d’argent, et au chef gueule chargé de trois étoiles d’or.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Bioshock Infinite
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-20, 21:30:22 »

I enjoyed this one quite a lot as well. It's one of the few that creates a completely new, bizarre, and yet strangely believable world in a very immersive way. It's definitely worth a play-through.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-21, 01:30:41 »
I definitely think it looks a lot brighter and less creepy than the first two Bioshocks.
Ill have to try it out.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-24, 16:49:04 »
It was a lot of fun; I found the voice-acting to be particularly superb.  The repartee between the two main characters was not only natural feeling and believable, but I found myself actually paying more attention to the discourse than some of the more eye-catching parts of the in-game world.  I usually don't go in for that period, but it was interesting.  The story was engaging, although mostly unrelated to the previous installments in the game series.  Nice twists and turns in the story too- even if it felt like I was being led to the conclusion.  Well, it is linear, as Baron de Magnan said.  All in all, a great game deserving of its high scores.  :)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”