"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: St. Mary's Citie Militia Muster  (Read 5137 times)

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
St. Mary's Citie Militia Muster
« on: 2014-09-25, 01:20:40 »
This weekend is the Saint Mary's Citie Militia Muster. I will be there with the Twisted Knot Company of Pike and Shotte representing the English Civil War period. If you're in the area and in need of something to do, stop by. Should be a fun time.

Mike W.

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: St. Mary's Citie Militia Muster
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-25, 17:10:44 »
Is this St. Mary's City, MD? If so, say Hi to Captain Gates for me!!
D’azur à trois fasces d’argent, et au chef gueule chargé de trois étoiles d’or.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-29, 21:47:40 »
It was St. Mary's Citie, Maryland. I did not run into a Captain Gates, but I did meet many of the St. Mary's Militia. They were all very nice. The event was wonderfull and for a 17th Century event, well attended. There were 20 musketeers and 5 pikemen that took the field for the demonstration, with a musician and standard bearer. It was a rather impressive site.

Mike W.

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-30, 15:33:37 »
I had worked with Captain Gates on the Maryland Dove down there while I was at college. The Dove's a great ship with an even greater captain. Historic Saint Mary's City was definitely a favorite place of mine while I was down there.
D’azur à trois fasces d’argent, et au chef gueule chargé de trois étoiles d’or.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-01, 22:52:59 »
The site was awesome, to be sure. Unfortunately, I only toured it Sunday before leaving, and all the buildings and the Dove were closed. I fully intend to return sometime and see everything when it's open and the interpretors are there to share their knowledge.