Main > The Round Table

Knights Hospitaller/Knights of Rhodes

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-07-23, 14:54:19 ---No I meant overrated. While they are over-represented, they are overrated in that everyone thinks they're the greatest thing God put on this earth.

--- End quote ---

DEUS VULT!!!!

Aiden of Oreland:
I think this is a good choice. The Templar group I believe is the largest. The Tuetonic is beginning to become quite large itself. Well, at least the reenacters part of it, since it is still an active order to this day. It would be cool to see some more Hospitallers out there.

Mike W.:
The Order itself isn't so bad (except for the fact that they're heretical sodomites. BURN THEM!!!). I think their overall rule was good and they're role in the Crusades was anything but insignificant. But when people think Holy Orders, they think first of the Templars as that Order has gotten the most attention. In history circles, you have people claiming them to be the toughest, meanest, most God-fearing badasses on the siege front. Then you have the crazies who think 1000 year old Templar knights working for Abstergo are controlling the Illuminati while trying to summon ancient aliens in order to find the Holy Grail so they can prevent the end of the world from happening in 2012. Its in many respects similar to the CSA in historical memory. Most people are on the far sides of the spectrum. (Lost Cause HOORAH, They're really about states' rights vs. Terrible, traiterous, slave-holding demons from hell, BURN THEM). Seeing that within the history circles they're (in my most humble and gloriously supreme opinion) considered awesome I warriors, I deduced "overrated". In the public memory (whether good or ill), they overshadow everything else. In retrospect, the Hospitallers have fallen by the wayside. While I try not to be the "hipster historian" (reenacting people before they were cool), I do try to shed some light on more overlooked aspects of history.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-07-25, 19:15:33 ---Then you have the crazies who think 1000 year old Templar knights working for Abstergo are controlling the Illuminati while trying to summon ancient aliens in order to find the Holy Grail so they can prevent the end of the world from happening in 2012.

--- End quote ---

Crazy?? Well, did the world end in 2012? No? You're welcome. ;)

Sir Patrick:
Shhh, Sir James!  You know we aren't supposed to talk about that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version