"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds."
                -- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)

Author Topic: STOLEN ARMOR!!  (Read 7352 times)

D.Shortt

• New Forum Member
STOLEN ARMOR!!
« on: 2014-07-10, 21:54:46 »
Hey guys, we had a guy (Stephan Laird of Jasper Alabama) order some armor from our shop (imperial armories) a few months back, then after it shipped, he canceled the payment via paypal which apparently is a thing that paypal allows. Paypal was told to go to hell by their credit card company when we appealed, and then paypal told us that there isn't anything they can do. All attempts to contact the guy have been met with silence.
So we are out almost three grand. If anyone in the area finds or sees this armor wandering around at a local larp or convention, id appreciate it if you could report this guys suit as stolen to the local PD. It is not dag legal, but if this guy is dumb enough to think i won't come after him, then he is dumb enough to wear it around.
We are pursuing legal action on our end but i was told there probably isn't much they can do, so im reaching out to the nerd community. If you guys could repost this and get this guy i would appreciate it.
Thanks
Jeremiah Kade O'Brien

I have met this man at the Texas RenFaire and he is a REALLY nice guy. His work is THE BEST I've ever seen. Lets help get this guy his armor back....

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: STOLEN ARMOR!!
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-10, 23:25:46 »
If I spot it out west I'll drop a dime.

Got a pic of the offender?
Fall down seven, get up eight.

D.Shortt

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-11, 03:01:51 »
Unfortunately no. Just the name Stephan Laird.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-11, 13:14:23 »
That's pretty distinctive...if I see it, I'll drop a line.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-11, 13:16:17 »
That's some beautiful fantasy armor. It amazes me that people will do this sort of thing. This should definitely be taken to law enforcement. Failing that, a lawsuit. (though I understand, legal fees often are so high, that it's not worth pursuing, just by the numbers).
« Last Edit: 2014-07-11, 13:17:00 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-12, 01:04:12 »
That's some beautiful fantasy armor. It amazes me that people will do this sort of thing. This should definitely be taken to law enforcement. Failing that, a lawsuit. (though I understand, legal fees often are so high, that it's not worth pursuing, just by the numbers).

This is Texas correct?? I believe they dispense their own form of justice there still. :) Go get him. 
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Romans 13:4
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-12, 02:21:43 »
Jasper, AL puts him within striking distance of GARF, GCRF, TNRF and possibly NCRF.  Georgia has a few that walk around in fantasy leather each year.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-12, 04:42:49 »
Although in Minnesota, I’m connected to the SCA, live steel, Renaissance Fair and other communities up here.  Eyes will be watching in the North.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber