Main > The Round Table

Is it Honorable to win, then say the loser should reign?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Thorsteinn:
Yes, it was an in situ realization. The point being that hot fighters don't necessarily make great Kings. That no one ever talks about winning and saying "bet the other guy/girl would have done better".

--- Quote ---In that moment of victory X suddenly realizes that Y would make a great King/Prince, while X would not.
--- End quote ---

Ian:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-06-14, 17:10:58 ---The point being that hot fighters don't necessarily make great Kings.

--- End quote ---

True, but someone forgot to tell the SCA that because that's the only way to make a King!

Lord Chagatai:
Well...while honorable I think the SCA and reigning royalty would have an issue with it cause it goes against the oath that you as a fighter took at the beginning of the tournament. It also goes against the letter of intent that you, along with your consort, sent into the crown to fight in the first place. And if you did that what would it do to the honor of your consort, who thinks you would make a good king or would not have agreed to be your consort?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote --- And if you did that what would it do to the honor of your consort, who thinks you would make a good king or would not have agreed to be your consort?
--- End quote ---

That's a whole different Kettle of Fish. Just ask Viscount Annora Rains of Cynagua whom became Princess cause the nice Knight asked the day before the lists, not knowing he had won the Coronet several times before and was known to be an absentee Prince. Were it not for the fact she was a member of the war unit Tribe RotMahne she'd have been screwed.

Well not to mention he thought he'd get laid for winning, even though she said she'd not sleep with him just cause she was his consort this causing innumerable problems, especially when she started dating her Ex again midway through the reign (it's OK now, she & her Ex since married and are very very awesome people).

I asked the same question on a Facebook page called Ask The Knights.

Lord Chagatai:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-06-14, 23:55:11 ---
--- Quote --- And if you did that what would it do to the honor of your consort, who thinks you would make a good king or would not have agreed to be your consort?
--- End quote ---

That's a whole different Kettle of Fish. Just ask Viscount Annora Rains of Cynagua whom became Princess cause the nice Knight asked the day before the lists, not knowing he had won the Coronet several times before and was known to be an absentee Prince. Were it not for the fact she was a member of the war unit Tribe RotMahne she'd have been screwed.

Well not to mention he thought he'd get laid for winning, even though she said she'd not sleep with him just cause she was his consort this causing innumerable problems, especially when she started dating her Ex again midway through the reign (it's OK now, she & her Ex since married and are very very awesome people).

I asked the same question on a Facebook page called Ask The Knights.

--- End quote ---

My point exactly...and that was not very knightly of him...I would of recommended to take his spurs, chain and belt away....

I am also a member of ask the knights on facebook....as a squire I find it very informative...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version