"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."
                -- Ernest Hemingway

Author Topic: Chivalric Weekend  (Read 25912 times)

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Chivalric Weekend
« Reply #30 on: 2008-06-21, 05:03:06 »
Well, I think Bill needs to buy a house with a grand hall, and a large circular table in the middle.

Heh, I wish. :) Its looking like I'm going with a townhouse at this point: All the houses that end up in my price range either get scooped up in seconds, or there's a bidding war and the price goes way above what I can afford.

But townhouse or detached, you can bet I'm going to be hosting some small events with certain select people invited. Certainly not Pamela, though. *ANYONE* but Pamela. ;)
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sword Chick

• Founder/Lead Instructor Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
  • Forum Follower
    • Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
« Reply #31 on: 2008-06-21, 06:59:55 »
But townhouse or detached, you can bet I'm going to be hosting some small events with certain select people invited. Certainly not Pamela, though. *ANYONE* but Pamela. ;)

Good thing, too.  If I was invited, I wouldn't come.   :P
"Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
Where's the street wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?"
~Steinman/Pitchford

Sword Chick

• Forum Follower
« Reply #32 on: 2008-06-25, 00:34:55 »
And, I won't bring food either.   :P
~Steinman/Pitchford

Todd Sullivan

• New Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: 2008-10-13, 18:47:59 »
Bill...I found you...harharhar

I know this is a late post and I know I'm new to this forum but I wanted to thank Bill, belated, for attending Chivalric Weekend.  I hope I made you as comfortable as possible?  Bill shared a large tent with Christian Darce of Purpleheart armouries...military cot and sleeping bag. Thank you for making the drive...except that he missed my driveway and I had to run out into the county road and jump up and down.

Chivalric Weekend 2009, or "CW09" as many are calling it, is in the works and I bet you'll never guess who is going to be an intructor?  pssst Bill pssst

Bill...(William Shatner overtone) I...HAVE...A...PLAN.  My 20 year old son will be a disignated driver for CW09. I am hiring him to stay in one location at the house and be available to drive. I'm thinking of having all the instructors stay a close hotel. Whenever the instructor or intructors are ready, my son Jon, will take them to the hotel as well as pick you and others up. Back and forth, as much as they need. A good nights rest is important.  Greg has allergies and the first night my cat slept on his head, he awoke with watery, swollen eyes, I felt horrible.

A first in any WMA event will happen at CW09...Pete Kautz (who lives an hour from me) has agreed to (after having a dream) to wear historical clothing as an instructor at CW09!  He is teaching German Dagger and wrestling.   Hmmm what for him to wear? I was thinking cottons and codepiece.

Yes the round table was very nice and it was over too soon, I was just starting to settle in, enjoying the fire and conversation. I did get a little over emotional but I think it was from stress and the mead didn't help any.  Honestly, simply wonderful people that attended, over 60.  Bill is very graceful and Bill, Greg and Christian are the type of gentlemen a man/women of chivalric values wants to surround themselves with.

I am always available to anwser question about the event, just give me a jingle.

Yes there will be antiques again.

Yours and Cheers,

Todd Sullivan
Lake Ontario Fechtschule
Lake Ontario Fechtschule

Sword Chick

• Forum Follower
« Reply #34 on: 2008-10-13, 19:34:41 »
Pete Kautz?  In a codpiece?   :o  I am so there!
~Steinman/Pitchford

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #35 on: 2008-10-14, 14:33:04 »

It's good to see you here, Todd! :) I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend this year. I keep hearing about how wonderful the event was. Next year might be a bit tight since I think I'm looking at at least two other vacations already. But I'd love to make it out there and have a great weekend with all of the folks.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )