"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                -- Eddie Rickenbacker

Author Topic: Reconstructed Knight's Face  (Read 10637 times)

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
Re: Reconstructed Knight's Face
« Reply #15 on: 2014-03-20, 03:56:54 »
Facial reconstructions have a way of making the subjects feel more human and less like a name on a page. It makes it a lot easier to connect with the history.

Absolutely this. That's why I say it's also a little spooky.

I mean, take Richard III. That's as close as we'll ever get to seeing him in person. Take everything you've read about him, heard about him, seen about him and suddenly: there he is. He steps out of legend so to speak and becomes a real man, just like you or me (well, if you or I were the King of England, I suppose :P). It's like you're face-to-face with him. It's a surreal feeling. At least for me it is.
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #16 on: 2014-03-20, 04:08:19 »
Facial reconstructions have a way of making the subjects feel more human and less like a name on a page. It makes it a lot easier to connect with the history.

Absolutely this. That's why I say it's also a little spooky.

I mean, take Richard III. That's as close as we'll ever get to seeing him in person. Take everything you've read about him, heard about him, seen about him and suddenly: there he is. He steps out of legend so to speak and becomes a real man, just like you or me (well, if you or I were the King of England, I suppose :P). It's like you're face-to-face with him. It's a surreal feeling. At least for me it is.

Imagine if someday they can figure out what you would have sounded like, now that would be spooky.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir Humphrey

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
    • My Author's Website
« Reply #17 on: 2014-03-20, 14:30:48 »
There is a hour long episode of "History Cold Case" about the this fellow called "Stirling Man."  You can watch in ont Youtube here: 

My second novel, "The Archer's Son," available now on Amazon Kindle.  Find it at  http://amzn.to/Usavxf

See my history and archeology blog at: http://erasgone.blogspot.com/