Main > The Armoury

DOs and DONTs when planning and buying a set of armor (harness)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Edward:

Stickied!

Aiden of Oreland:
Truly a great post! Luckily i am starting out now!

Sir Nate:
Peanut oil? Probabaly bad for other peoples allergies and it seems to dry up.
Is oil bad for leather? If it gets on by accident?
Would you recomend a soft kit as well? Perhaps a good idea to makenone while waiting for that Armor.
Also, were is a good place to buy double wrap belts? 13th circa.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-03-13, 03:14:42 ---Peanut oil? Probabaly bad for other peoples allergies and it seems to dry up.

--- End quote ---

Not a good one, no.

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-03-13, 03:14:42 ---Is oil bad for leather? If it gets on by accident?

--- End quote ---

Not in small quantities but if you soak it then it can crack and dry it out. Spraying armor with oil is fine, just don't soak the strapping too.

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-03-13, 03:14:42 ---Would you recomend a soft kit as well? Perhaps a good idea to makenone while waiting for that Armor.

--- End quote ---

Completely different thing, if you only wear armor for renn fest, soft kit doesn't matter. Living History or SCA or "persona" kind of thing, yes, but order is purely preferential since they are two different things.

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-03-13, 03:14:42 ---Also, were is a good place to buy double wrap belts? 13th circa.

--- End quote ---

Totally different thread topic. :)

AnsalonPaladin:
I made the grave mistake of ordering my curiass online. Never again will I resort to such foolish tactics! I'll wait until I'm sufficiently money'd enough to purchase my armor from a more reputable source.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version